Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-25-2000, 10:37 AM   #1
Ulatekk

To the game designers:

After spending 2 hours of long distance combat with Amazoni plants, I used the cheat editor to give my characters 6000 hit points each. I lost 1500 hit points killing the two amazoni plants that were hounding me! 1500 points!!! Are you f*cking kidding me! The average life span of an 8th or 9th level character is 6 seconds! This is totally unreasonable. The designers should address this problem in the upcoming patch.

Old 10-25-2000, 11:29 AM   #2
dvicci

Huh. I used a completely different tactic. I lured both plants to a path through the forest that they couldn't pass through. They kept trying but were stuck. Meanwhile, I was far enough away that they couldn't destroy me with their spells, yet was still within my own spell range. I cast Burning Haze on them until they both just quietly expired.

No loss of hit points whatsoever. The game balance worked for me just fine...

Old 10-25-2000, 04:36 PM   #3
Windeye

I too used a similar tactic. All it requires is a knowledge of their effective range. As soon as you can see and target them, cast Burning Haze or the like and follow up with other spells/ranged weapons. Just make sure you can barely see them in the distance and you'll do just fine and lose 0 hps. Dont give up on the game yet!

Windeye

Old 10-27-2000, 06:26 PM   #4
Eldurin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

With the exception of the plants, I find the game far too easy. (I still killed the plants without too much trouble, but it was a nice challenge.) Althought that sounds like a shameless brag, what I mean is that game balance is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 10-28-2000, 08:11 PM   #5
Paldarion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

As soon as you see them hit them with any storm spell and they are dead. Simple.
Old 10-29-2000, 08:53 PM   #6
Kate
Welcomed New User

I didn't get very far from the town before I met the Amazoni plants. They followed me back to the town and now every time I leave by the west gate, I die. As it ALWAYS seems to be night in this game the damn things atack me before I can see them. I can cope with just about everything I have met so far but not these. Whoever said this game is too easy is obviously a lot better at these type of games than I am. I managed to get off 4 meteor spells at the things and hardly dented them. Storm spells? I'm only up to level 4 spells and storm spells are level 7. Have I got to wander around more until I can get higher level spells?
I agree, these buggers are just too bloody big to deal with.
Kate
Old 10-30-2000, 12:22 AM   #7
Elara
The Magister

According to my brother, he took them out at a distance beyond their casting range using 3 castings of flamedrop on each one. They never knew what hit them. I haven't met up with them yet so I can't verify by my own experience. He waited on the other side of the town gate until it was daylight before fooling with them and approached them cautiously, so that he could only see them when turning the view to the side a bit, but not see them head on, if this makes any sense. At that point he says he was in range to cast.
Old 10-30-2000, 10:21 PM   #8
Elara
The Magister

I have two wizards at level 5 and 6 in Sun spells and we took out two of the plants using Flamedrop, though it took more like 6-7 castings on each one, instead of only 3. Once hit by the spell they just stayed in place til the spell ran out. If you keep casting, they'll never get near enough to hurt the party at all.