Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-20-2003, 11:39 PM   #1
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I've been reading a lot on enchanting/blessing equipment right now, so I've got some questions.

My party consists of the following:

Characters:
-9th level Assassin/11th level warrior/7th level ninja
-12th level wizard
-12 level ranger/5th level warrior
-11th level bard/10th level rogue
-12th level priest
-Another 12th level priest.

Spells:
-My Assassin has fiend and moon magic, but has neither of the Artifact Spells (yet).
-My wizard is an Occultist, level 3 in Enchants, and has the Artifact of Stone, and will soon get the one for Sun Magic.
-My Ranger has none of the, and I don't plan on getting him any of the artifact spells.
-My bard has fiend and moon craft, and has neither of the artifact spells. It's likely that he'll get the artifact spell for moon and my assassin will get it for fiendcraft instead.
-My first priest has Artifact of Spirit and is versed in only spirit magic. She is not a cabalist.
-My second priest has Artifact of Vines and is versed in both spirit and vine. He could get the artifact spell for spirit at his next level up if he wanted to, and he is a cabalist. His blessing level is only at 1.

Guilds:
-My Assassin: Wizard, Warrior, Thieves, Bushi-Dojo, and will join the Priest's guild very soon.
-My wizard: Wizard's Guild, Priest's guild, soon to go in Bushi-Dojo, warrior's guild, and Thieve's guild.
-My Ranger: Warrior's guild, soon to go to wizard's guild, priest's guild, and the bushi-dojo.
-My bard: Thieve's guild, Priest's guild, and Wizard's guild, soon to go to warrior's guild and bushi-dojo.
-My first priest: Priest's guild, wizard's guild, soon to go to thieve's guild, bushi-dojo, and warrior's guild.
-My second priest: Priest's guild, soon to go to warrior's guild, wizard's guild, bushi-dojo, and thieve's guild.

I hope I didn't confuse anyone there and you were able to put those 3 together . Anyway, so far, I can do the following:

My wizard can enchant weapons with a zap spell and my priest can bless armor with toughening it.

What I really want are the following:

Fiend: Add blessings from in order to add extra damage, and enchantments to protect from magic.
Stone: Bless to add an AC Bonus as I don't care about the zap spell from enchantments.
Moon: Enchantments to protect from ice damage.
Sun: Enchantments to protect from fire.
Spirit: Bless to regenerate as I don't care really about the 'to hit' bonus from enchantments.

Is it possible for me to get all of those with my current party? If so, how?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 12:27 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Short answer: Yes, it's possible.

Medium answer: There are a lot of ways you could do it. Some are harder than others. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Long answer: And you can move a mountain one grain of dirt at a time, but why not use a shovel?

You can certainly disperse the artifact skills around, but the limiting factor will be your skill in blessing and enchanting. To effectively bless or enchant, you'll need everyone with a high skill in those two areas; it's much easier to put those points into one or two characters, and have them be responsible for everything. Figure out who you're going to convert to warlock, and you should be in fine shape with them doing the magical work.

I like to enchant the protection skills onto jewelry (rings, bands, and bracers +4 fire, ice, and magic) and to enchant damage and perhaps to hit onto my weapons. I may toss an occasional regeneration onto an armor along with protection. I only do toughness by accident, and never use the offensive enchantments (flame strike, etc.) -- I find them useless.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 12:48 AM   #3
Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Short answer: Yes, it's possible.

Medium answer: There are a lot of ways you could do it. Some are harder than others. [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Long answer: And you can move a mountain one grain of dirt at a time, but why not use a shovel?

You can certainly disperse the artifact skills around, but the limiting factor will be your skill in blessing and enchanting. To effectively bless or enchant, you'll need everyone with a high skill in those two areas; it's much easier to put those points into one or two characters, and have them be responsible for everything. Figure out who you're going to convert to warlock, and you should be in fine shape with them doing the magical work.

I like to enchant the protection skills onto jewelry (rings, bands, and bracers +4 fire, ice, and magic) and to enchant damage and perhaps to hit onto my weapons. I may toss an occasional regeneration onto an armor along with protection. I only do toughness by accident, and never use the offensive enchantments (flame strike, etc.) -- I find them useless.
Thanks. I already know who is going to be my warlock. My wizard will be it, but the only problem is that when I asked my question about what will happen if I switch, I got a bit confused. Right now, my wizard has level 7 spells in stone and level 7 spells in sun. He's at level 12. If I switch to warlock, I know that I won't get any new abilities points till level 13, but I can add 1 attribute point at each level up. I'd gladly do that since I'd also get fiend and moon craft that way. However, if I do that, I don't know what will happen with my current stone and sun spells. Will I still be able to cast them? Will I still be able to learn new spells at each level up before level 13? If yes, then I'll be making my wizard a warlock right away .

Old 12-21-2003, 09:39 AM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Depending on where you are in the game I think the best idea would be to equip one of your characters with the enlightenment trait using the roster editor. Once that is done you can get raise your enchanting and blessing skills to 14. Make the character a zenmaster and get all the arifact spells. Then you can make yourself some pretty hefty equipment.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:03 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord:
Thanks. I already know who is going to be my warlock. My wizard will be it, but the only problem is that when I asked my question about what will happen if I switch, I got a bit confused. Right now, my wizard has level 7 spells in stone and level 7 spells in sun. He's at level 12. If I switch to warlock, I know that I won't get any new abilities points till level 13, but I can add 1 attribute point at each level up. I'd gladly do that since I'd also get fiend and moon craft that way. However, if I do that, I don't know what will happen with my current stone and sun spells. Will I still be able to cast them? Will I still be able to learn new spells at each level up before level 13? If yes, then I'll be making my wizard a warlock right away .
Okay, let me see if I can de-mystify.

Once you learn a spell, you can cast it forever. Doesn't matter what your class is, nor whether you can learn that school of spell. Once you're in, you're in for life.

Now, when you switch classes and level up, you won't get any new points for your attributes, which are STR, INT, and so on. At least, you won't for a while unless your character is really pathetic. You will get one point for skills -- enchanting, blessing, sun, moon, and so on -- until you exceed your old level. You can use those points to increase bless and enchant, but I think that's a waste -- train those skills up instead.

When you level up, you can still learn spells subject to the rule of 1/2 -- 1/2 your actual level and spell school level max in any non-native spell school. That doesn't apply to Warlocks, since all spells are native, but it applies to everyone else.

In a nutshell, go ahead and give it a shot. There are no wrong answers in W&W... except for the ones that the Sphinx doesn't want [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 03:57 PM   #6
Lord

Thanks for the help, Bungleau. Made the wizard a warlock, got him all 4 artifact spells from fiend, stone, sun, and moon. Now I've also got vine on my priest. I just need spirit and I'm all good . BTW, blessing is insane. I blessed my assassin's equipment to make it even more powerful than his plate armor! And Arms of Argus with the Assassin's Dagger in the other hand, both fully blessed, it's just insane! Well, fully blessed without getting the enlightment trait