Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 06-08-2013, 12:23 AM   #1
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Default Any opinions on xbox one?

Personally for me the biggest let down is no used games also the connect to the internet once a day to continue playing your games even single player. Anyone else have any thoughts or news.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
bubbe
Zhentarim Guard

Default Re: Any opinions on xbox one?

Nothing I want to buy anyway, I can't lend games to my friends, I have to reconnect to internet once a day (even though that is not a problem today, not at least for many people).
If I want to trade game I have to go to a pre-approved retailer in order to do that (which makes it harder for me since there might be few in my city)

No, not impressed at all!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

It looks like someone took an old NES console and painted it black. Which is ok, I guess, if you're into the whole retro look.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Once version 2 of the bios is worked out, I'll get a PS4.. Never again would I get an XBOX.. Wonder if this new xbox will have the "One Ring of Death"... lol...

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: Any opinions on xbox one?

I don't get interested in gaming consoles, preferring to stick with PCs. Yes, I will probably miss out on some great games but I miss out on many things so I am not going to worry about it.

At least I can disconnect my computer if I don't want someone snooping around on it. I do not have webcams at the house any more.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, PC Games are #1 for me... Battlefield 4 is gotta freaking ROCK!!!

If you play it on the PC or the PS3, PM me with your username.. we can team up and do some damage to the noobs

Old 06-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think PS4 totally beats the Xbone. If I buy a console I would get PS4 for sure. It's far more consumer friendly. It's GDDR5 is a much better choice from a video intensive system to boot. The Xbox does come bundled with the Kinect system (which may or may not be a plus) while PS4 is standalone. The Xbox also has a couple of exclusive titles that looked nice but not enough that it would sway the difference for me. And then there is the DRM issue with the Xbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
Yeah, PC Games are #1 for me... Battlefield 4 is gotta freaking ROCK!!!

If you play it on the PC or the PS3, PM me with your username.. we can team up and do some damage to the noobs
Sorry no multiplayer for me.

E3 had a bunch of cool looking single games:
These are the ones coming out for the PC that I thought looked good with details and release dates when available.

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft) / open world 3rd person action adventure game / single player and multiplayer / August 2013
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision) - first person shooter / single and multiplayer / November 2013
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft) - open world action adventure stealth video game / single player and multiplayer (co-op) / November 2013
Assassins Creed 4 (Ubisoft) - historical open world action adventure video game / single player and multiplayer / October 2013
Batman: Arkham Origins (Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) -3rd person action adventure game / single player / October 2013
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (2K Games) - August 2013
MURDERED: Soul Suspect (Square Enix) - mystery puzzle action adventure game / single player / early 2014
Thief (Square Enix) - stealth game / single player / 2014
Mad Max (Warner Brothers) - post-apocalyptic third-person open-world adventure / single player / 2014
Tom Clancy: The Division (Massive Entertainment) / online open world 3rd person action role playing game / single and multiplayer / 2014
The Evil Within (Bethesda) - survival horror game / single player / 2014

Dragon Age 3 - Q3 2014

The Witcher 3 - open world cRPG - 2014

The best multiplayer game I saw was not Battlefield 4 but Tom Clancy: The Division from Massive Entertainment. It's an massively multiplayer online tactical 3rd person shooter action role-playing game. It supposedly supports single player but I can't verify that. Sadly it will only be released initially on console although it might be ported to the PC.

Edit: Added some more details on the games.

I also saw some videos for game play for these:

Battlefield 4 - first-person shooter - single player campaign or multiplayer - Electronics Arts - If you've played the earlier versions, there are a few new additions but not all that much
. New gameplay elements include dual-scoped weapons, and use of vehicles in single player mode - PC and Console
Titanfall (meh another multiplayer-only mech shooter - nice graphics but not my cup of tea) - PC and Xbox exclusive
Quantum Break - another TV show - Game tie in - didn't see a lot of game play but cinematics were awesome - Xbox 1 EXCLUSIVE at launch may be ported to PC but NOT to PS4
Defiance - open-world shooter MMO - yes tied into the TV show - The show, which debuted on April 15th, 2013, is influenced by events in the game and in turn influences events in the game PC and Consoles

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783

Last edited by Micah Foehammer; 06-13-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:27 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Oh yeah, Thief too -- I just hope the do it right.. Sometimes reboots are really bad.. And it kinda sucks because usually when they release a game for consoles and PCs, they rarely release an editor.. (Skyrim did) I sure hope Thief does!!

Witcher 3 also sounds good!!

Old 06-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #9
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
Oh yeah, Thief too -- I just hope the do it right.. Sometimes reboots are really bad.. And it kinda sucks because usually when they release a game for consoles and PCs, they rarely release an editor.. (Skyrim did) I sure hope Thief does!!

Witcher 3 also sounds good!!
Thief looked okay but the game seemed kind of limited to me. The environment is really reactive, and the graphics are really nice - it's a great blend of Victorian and Steampunk. Okay I can sneak around and pickpocket people and steal stuff and there's some neat ways to solve problems, but is that it? Hopefully there is an over-arcing story that the designers have put in place because if not this game is going to be boring really fast. I haven't heard about any plans for an editor on this one. Will be released for PC, Xbox 1 and PS4 but not the earlier consoles.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:04 PM   #10
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Today Microsoft said they are removing all the DRM however it still seems too little to late for them vs Sony. http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...ions-abandoned