Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2002, 10:29 PM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi, Billy. Your sig image is within the size restriction, but not within the filesize restriction. The filesize limit is 150KB, yours is nearly 1MB. Please edit your sig image in order for easier loading time for everyone, thanks in advance.

PS: I send a PM regarding this matter before, and you have no listed e-mail so I decided to make a thread instead. This is not a reprimand, just a gentle reminder. Cheers. [img]smile.gif[/img]

PS PS: This rule applies to everybody, so check your sig image and see whether it exceeds the limit. You may find more details on this matter in the Rules and Regulations.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 03:05 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

I've also noticed that Six's new sig is 379 or something in width. A bit too much, there.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 04:28 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

It's easy enough to understand that lots of images cause slow loading for those with 56K modems, but I fail to see why the picture's dimensions would be more important than its filesize, which Dundee states is within the 150Kb limit. Nevertheless, I will change it.

Odd that Dundee's first reaction to the new sig is a complaint about the size of the picture, not any comments on the quality of the site itself. I guess he really is a moderator now.
Old 09-28-2002, 05:32 PM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
It's easy enough to understand that lots of images cause slow loading for those with 56K modems, but I fail to see why the picture's dimensions would be more important than its filesize, which Dundee states is within the 150Kb limit.
See how long it takes you to load my site, then.
Total file size including four images and the HTML file is 162 kb; but loading it makes it feel like a VERY big file; especially the big image in the middle. I have tested everything I know; and the only thing left AFAICT that could cause it is the dimensions.

[ 09-28-2002, 09:26 PM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 05:45 PM   #5
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

you know how it has to be so high and so wide, coul you double the width and halve the height?
mwa ha ha ha ha ha
Felix
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 05:58 PM   #6
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
It's easy enough to understand that lots of images cause slow loading for those with 56K modems, but I fail to see why the picture's dimensions would be more important than its filesize, which Dundee states is within the 150Kb limit.
See how long it takes you to load my site, then.
Total file size including four images and the HTML file is 162 kb; but loading it makes it feel like a VERY big file; especially the big image in the middle. I have tested everything I know; and the only thing left AFAICT that could cause it is the dimensions.
[/QUOTE]About 5 seconds
Old 09-28-2002, 09:28 PM   #7
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
About 5 seconds
And what kind of connection do you have ?? With my ADSL, it takes about 10 seconds; Dundee told me it took a number of minutes on his dialup when I gave him a plug on MSN... [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 09:58 PM   #8
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
quote:
Originally posted by Mack_Attack:
About 5 seconds
And what kind of connection do you have ?? With my ADSL, it takes about 10 seconds; Dundee told me it took a number of minutes on his dialup when I gave him a plug on MSN... [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Well I just tried it again and I did not even get to 5 seconds.
I live in nothern alberta and our small town is on cable which is very rare thing. So the only thing I could say is that it is not plagued with alot of users, that are using the net.

And dial up is a very fustrating thing I would say that yes alot of sites take along time to down load. When I go to my dads place which is on dial up I have a hard time using the net there because it takes so long.

[ 09-28-2002, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Mack_Attack ]
Old 09-28-2002, 10:39 PM   #9
Billy Yank
The Magister

Sorry about that. I put it back to one of my old ones.
Old 09-29-2002, 03:07 AM   #10
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Lol dont question the mods DO what they tell you to do and the pic shall not be any bigger than this!!!

Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote