Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2002, 05:15 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

OK, far as I can tell I've killed all the zombies, killed Gulnan and her stupid black fiend thingy, but Gulnan's body never disappeared when she died. Still she lays there, says "Dead" under her name, but aren't I supposed to get an item from her body? How can I do that if her body never disappears!! Hope this isn't a bug or something. I'm stumped, anyone know the answer?

Also, remember, I can't cast any spells, my mage Henchman can, but you can't direct him to do anything so forget that [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Help! Hurry! Can't continue till I know the answer! I hate Judge Judy! [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2002, 05:19 PM   #2
Ladyzekke

Also, I smashed the alter already,although there is still a glowing light there, but I did smash it!

And I loaded the patch the other day too.

Reality Show Recaps
Old 06-25-2002, 05:27 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hmmm do you have an earlier save to replay it? There might be problems in that room, I never could smash the zombie generator for some reason. It never highlighted or anything.
Old 06-25-2002, 05:52 PM   #4
Grinch
The Magister

You have to right click the zombie generator and select 'bash'.Yah you are supposed to get something from Gulstan.
Old 06-25-2002, 05:55 PM   #5
DeSoya
Manshoon

I had a similar problem in that room. Went around looking for "The ultra Fragile" demonic focus thingy but couldn't find it. So, for all I know, it's still sitting under Neverwinter. I thought that smashing it was part of the quest too.

DeSoya
Old 06-25-2002, 06:08 PM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by DeSoya:
I had a similar problem in that room. Went around looking for "The ultra Fragile" demonic focus thingy but couldn't find it. So, for all I know, it's still sitting under Neverwinter. I thought that smashing it was part of the quest too.

DeSoya
I'm glad I'm not the only one, I thought I was missing something. Looks like theres more than one zombie generator still working but thats ok it keeps us in work!
Old 06-25-2002, 07:00 PM   #7
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

i smashed it during the fight, for me i couldnt do any damage to her until i smashed it. once it was destroyed i was able to kill her and yes her body disappeared and i got the 4th reagent
Old 06-25-2002, 08:22 PM   #8
Ladyzekke

It has to be a bug. Gulnan has this circular protective spell around her body, made of symbols, and I killed her and her body fell to the ground but the symbols still circulated, even though the text said "Dead" when you moved your mouse over her. And the black pit fiend or whatever was gone. I couldn't click on her body at all, although when I tried I would see text at the bottom of the screen as if I was fighting "critical hit, miss, the numbers, etc.)

So I left and went about the Beggars Nest talking to anyone thinking maybe somebody would tell me something else I needed to do. I'm thinkin maybe she cast a spell on herself or something to prevent anyone from using her body to find a cure, bla bla. Nothing. So I go back, there she is, still laying there. Then the circular symbol spell dissappears but still her body remains there, nothing to click on. Then out of nowhere the black pit thingy pops on me, so I fight him and kill him. She still remains the same.

So I reloaded to other save positions, had one right where she was near death (circular spell thingy around her). She would not attack me, black pit thingy not in sight, so I hit her and she died, standing up! Text says she's dead when you click on her, standing up in her little bubble LOL, weird!

So anyway, I went back further to an older save position, and did the entire map again from scratch, didn't do anything different, except for I didn't bother to bash the alter (again, for me it appears and I am able to smash it) cause of reading Lord of Alcohol's problem with it, I thought maybe that alter might be a bug trigger or something LOL, even though, again, I was able to highlight it and bash it.

Anyway, I fought Gulnan and when she died this time her body disappeared and I was able to get said needed items.

Again, didn't do much different, and this time it worked, has to be a BUG. A sucky one too cause I had to do that entire battle all over again, and trust me, my character is crap and it was a long hit and run cat and mouse extravaganza for me...twice!

[ 06-25-2002, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps