Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 08-21-2005, 08:52 PM   #1
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

and i decided to try something a little different. This is my party

1. Dwarf fighter
stats
18/96
Going to grandmaster in axes but started of with hammers aswell

2. Dwarf fighter
stats
18/02
Granmastery in hammers after a while and as the first one started with axes (what i thought to be a dwarven setup)

3. Human ranger
stats
18/74
Flails and maces to be dualed to cleric at level 9

4. Human fighter
stats
18/29
Grandmastery in shoart swords and expertise in bows. My negotiator and to be dualed to thief at level 9

5. Half elf bard
Stats
Large swords and bows. My pickpocketer, identifier and magic user for now. On a side note, does anyone agree with me that bards are probably the easiest class to roll for. I got this roll and didn't have to reroll because of their high requisites for int and cha.

Human fighter
stats
18/60
Grandmastery in quarterstaves and had missile weapons to expertise from the start. To be dualed to mage at level 9

The problem with this party was that up untill the point that you can dualclass your party is fighter heavy with almost nothing of the other types and at low levels a bunch of orcs and an ogre can be a hassle. I'm also someone who doesn't buy much. The only things i bought in Easthaven were 5 leather armors for my fighters and the knock spell for my bard (if you wonder how i got my hands on a knock spell this early, it probably is to the Auril's bane mod i have installed) I'm at the Vale now and having fun. Allthough having no healing at the time, no thieving except for pickpockets and abysimal mage skills is hurting me plenty. Especially the healing. Having to rest for 32 days just to heal up is a long time.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:01 PM   #2
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Noblenick will probably adopt you now

Sounds like a solid party. You have obvious problems in the early stages of the game, and only one mage, but you will have plenty of fighter power throughout the game. Though I am no dual-classing expert, you may want to vary the dualing levels so as not to overflow your party with level 1's in dragon's eye.

Good luck!

P.S.
I played through my first game of IWD (back when I was a n00b ) with only a paladin as far as healing went. It worked.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 09:09 PM   #3
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

With regards to the level 1's in Dragon's eye. That's what the dwarves are for. To keep my early dualed people alive for awhile and at that point they'll race through the early levels of their new class very fast.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:19 PM   #4
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

I guess it would work then.

It may be easier for you to play on insane. Twice as much xp can be a big help for you DC's.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 10:23 PM   #5
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well, i'm in Dragon's eye now. Fought through another army on the third level.
My party level at the moment is about level 7 so two more levels to gain.
Still lucky this is a game. Having to rest for 100+ days is a long time. That dude is taking a long time preparing has army, isn't he

[ 08-22-2005, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: the new JR Jansen ]