Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2003, 10:16 PM   #1
rhapsody407
Manshoon

heh...there be spoilies here...heh
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
`
`
`
`
`
`
~
`
`
`
`
`
`

i hate this bug...you decide not to fight some goblins off in windspear hills, and because they're hostile to you, you cant rest. ever. or quicksave for that matter. (i suppose that's the answer, because the first time this popped up was when i was lvl 8 and fleeing from the cowled wizards). Anyway, i figured that i'd do bodhi's quests really quick, because i didn't need my sorcy to have all of his spells, and that he could live off of the 3 limited wish scrolls he had. did bodhi's quests against the theives guild, now in spellhold, doing bodhi's other quests (sort of ironic), anyway, i can not rest, i can not quicksave...i suppose this is a known bug...or mb not? is there a way to counteract this?

[ 01-17-2003, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: rhapsody407 ]
rhapsody407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 10:24 PM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Kill the goblins...
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 10:24 PM   #3
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Interesting..Whenever I ran away from an enemy, I could QS and rest as long as they were off screen. I remember doing that in Johnny boy's house of horror.
Old 01-18-2003, 12:12 AM   #4
rhapsody407
Manshoon

hmm...tried everything, no luck...nobody remotely near spellhold is hostile with me, and yet i cant quicksave or rest. oddly, the game doesn't crash on autosaves...
rhapsody407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 01:24 AM   #5
Cheapy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, ya gots 4 things to do.

1) Gimme $2000 and I'll help ye out.
2) Take a hammer, and threaten the computer AND/OR BG2 CDs
3) Start over.
4) Get a priest to do an Exorcism on it. Hey, it worked on the girl!

Most viable (is that a word?) choice is three, followed closely by the tie one and 4.
Cheapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 05:33 AM   #6
Vedran
Lord Soth

viable = capable of living; having a reasonable chance of succeeding

Yes, it is the word.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2003, 09:03 AM   #7
Billy Yank
The Magister

Leave the area to create an Autosave. Quit the game. Reload the autosave and everything should be cleared up.
Old 01-20-2003, 03:10 AM   #8
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
Another possibility is that you have an unresolved dialogue. I had a similar problem in Nalia's Keep. The aunt talked to my PC in the middle of the guard talking to an NPC. I couldn't rest or save after that because the NPC had the dialogue icon on their portrait. An easy fix is to have your PC try to talk to the NPC. They will of course "have nothing to say to you", but it will reset their dialogue state.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 04:56 AM   #9
Radek
Red Dragon

I know about two possible causes of the problem:
1. Some actions performed by the game take a long time. Until the action is completed, you cannot save the game or rest. Example:
If you send the sewer golem to cleanse the sewer in the Irenicus Dungeon, the golem will go away and "cleanse the sewer" and - you cannot save the game or rest until the golem returns. If this is the case, then you have triggered some long duration action or you have triggered some action that can not be finisthed for some reason. Backtrack the latest actions and see whether something need not be done to finish some pending action.
2. The misunderstanding in the scripts as mentioned by Olorin. Let us see what is happening in the Keep. The bug reveals itself if you start speaking with the guard.
a) You start a dialog with the guard.
b) The lady interrupts the guard and starts her dialog.
c) The dialog with the lady ends and BOTH the lady and the guard leave the scene - with the unfinished dialog with the guard.
You cannot save game and you cannot rest because you are still "speaking" with the guard. If you check the icons of your party members you will see a "talking icon" on one of them. Remedy: leave the keep and seek the guard outside the keep. "Talk" with him. This finishes the dialog with the guard. If this is the case then you should see a "talking icon" on some of your party members. In this case, backtrack you latest meetings with NPCs and finish the pending dialog. In fact, it is a special case of (1) - an unfinished action.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:22 AM   #10
LennonCook
Jack Burton

The problem with Lady Delcia interupting the guard is fixed in the Baldurdash Fixpack...
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote