Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2001, 05:52 PM   #1
FallenPaladin
Dungeon Master

This has propably been discussed before but since the searching always crashes, I though I should ask. So, which portraits does everybody use in Baldur's Gate 2? I personally love Edwins portait from BG1 and always use. It's so much better than the one he has in BG2 and is propably the only decent mage portrait in the game.
Other portraits I like are Kivan's for rangers, Ajantis and Keldorns for Paladins and Eldoth Krons for Bards. As for the ladies I like Safana's, Alora's and everybody from BG2.
Old 07-14-2001, 05:56 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I like using custom portraits more than anything. This gives the NPC's in the game the chance to have the portrait which they were supposed to have (Ex: taking Keldorn's portrait leaves him with the bald-headed one from BG1).
Old 07-14-2001, 05:58 PM   #3
jabidas
Silver Dragon

My sig is the sig I use otherwise the human next to the big bald guy, its a portrait that was never used by an npc.

------------------
Old 07-14-2001, 06:45 PM   #4
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i nearly always use custon portraits adjusted to the people i named my characters after. for example, if i have a character named Vegeta, i find a pic of Vegeta and move it into the portraits folder. in fact, the only one that doesnt use a custom portrait thats named after someone/thing is a sorcerer named Android 18 (she uses Aeries portrait).

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
Old 07-14-2001, 06:52 PM   #5
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

DBZ fan, eh?
Old 07-14-2001, 07:35 PM   #6
Grinch
The Magister

Somewhere I aquired the portraits for Ash from 'Army of Darkness' and I always use those, though I might change if I found something I liked better. Are there any good portrait sites out there? I understand Lady Nightshade closed hers.

------------------
Grinch
Old 07-14-2001, 07:59 PM   #7
trux

I use all custom portraits (some from Icewind Dale, 'cause it has great portraits,) and others from cool dragonlance pictures of something like that. The only NPC picture I actually keep is Viconia's small picture 'cause she looks hot, but change her large picture to another cool pic I found somewhere.

------------------
--
trux
Old 07-14-2001, 08:03 PM   #8
Victor von Steiner
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Grinch:
Somewhere I aquired the portraits for Ash from 'Army of Darkness' and I always use those, though I might change if I found something I liked better. Are there any good portrait sites out there? I understand Lady Nightshade closed hers.

Go to TeamBG or Mithril Hall to get the Portrait Browser to get the potraits that were on her site.

------------------
Vampire Lord

I am your Lord.
I dine on the Best.
So come, give me your BLOOD!
Old 07-14-2001, 08:49 PM   #9
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

You can still use the portraits from BG1 in your BG2 game. If you use Shadowkeeper ALL the portraits from both games are there. I used the original Imoen and Jaheira portraits from BG1 in my BG2 game as I didn't like the fact that they had completely changed appearance.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-14-2001, 09:00 PM   #10
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Custom portraits...
But Edwins is awesome too...it's the one my main man's
got right now...but he's a straight up fighter.