Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 03-31-2005, 08:28 PM   #1
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm doing this quest to find the child of the mayor in Nashkell. I've picked up my mace and had it blessed by Elminster and that priest dude. The citadel is on my map but i can't find a way to get there. I'm assuming it's on the same map as were i fought the dragon but i'm not sure and if it is can someone point me in the right direction ?
Old 04-01-2005, 04:01 AM   #2
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

The Dark Side is supposed to be very buggy. What is your experience with it so far? (Sorry, can't help with the question).

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:17 AM   #3
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Haven't encountered any bugs so far. I just hope this isn't my first one.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:21 AM   #4
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
* Thread necromancy in progress! *

I've encountered the same problem as JR - the citadel is available on my map (and I have Otho's enchanted mace) but I have no way seemingly to get there from the N or the W, where the dragon quest was completed. No wheel appears there at all to make travel possible thus the hand does not highlight that it is possible to travel there. I'm thinking there is something I haven't triggered somehow....any idea anyone who has experience with darkside? JR, if you're still around?

My DSotSC experience has been a bit of a mixed bag, some little assertion failures here and there with the odd misplaced bit of dialogue and buggy item interfaces (the bag of holding), but generally its ok - very combat intensive undead wise and the challenges have been reasonably good and not too difficult. The items and additional spells are probably its greatest virtues so far, for me.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 11:43 AM   #5
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

*gasp* Thread necromancy?!?!?!
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:10 PM   #6
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Geez Kyrvias [img]graemlins/spam2.gif[/img]

Tis the act of bringing back to life a fairly deadish thread. In this case, its perfectly justifiable since there wasn't a final answer to the problem given.

Having researched it more this morning on the chosen of mystra forums, I think the solution should lie with ensuring that one speaks and meets with CuChoineach first. When I first tried making it to the citadel, he strangely disappeared after I declined him joining. I never tried having him in my party, but I'm not sure if that's necessary. Shall confirm it hopefully later on today, when I get time to test it.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
Old 12-05-2005, 10:17 PM   #7
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Fair enough
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 02:20 AM   #8
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by CerebroDragon:
I never tried having him in my party, but I'm not sure if that's necessary. Shall confirm it hopefully later on today, when I get time to test it.
Well Cerebrodragon, i haven't found the answer as of yet.

I hope this isn't what you were supposed to do because i remember not taking him into my party. I just hate it to have NPC's shoved down my throat when i have played the majority of the game with others in my group.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:48 AM   #9
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

Hey JR - I'm glad I did a forum search first then for someone with a similar problem.

As far as my game is concerned, I can confirm that the hypothesis I made earlier was correct.
I managed to make it to the castle's surrounding area tonight by approaching CúChoinneach and getting him to join the party. This updates the journal and map, allowing access to the area via the easterly dragon area. I never found Choo' to my liking however (having his portrait ripped from Raistlin from dragonlance and being a silly cleric ranger didn't help) so I dropped him immediately again for Jet'Laya.

I agree with you JR - if this is the only way to get access to the castle, it is most irritatingly inconvenient. I've not taken on any of the new npcs from Darkside, since they all seem to be somewhat lacking in character to me.

But if you've still got your game handy, you could try just getting Cu to join for the map/journal update and boot him like I did. [img]smile.gif[/img] (He's in the area just north of N)

I'm still suffering from an ocassional assertion crash at the moment. Makes the experience a little unstable. Interested to hear how you're dealing with level draining if it happens - I'm tending to buff like crazy and quicksave/reload alot.

Oh - as for you, Kyrvias: [img]graemlins/spam3.gif[/img]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj