Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2002, 08:17 PM   #1
Grinch
The Magister

Trying to get into Luskan,but everytime I go through the gate there are three sawed-off baddies there and they cream my 11th level dwarf fighter and little Tomi Undergallows. I have a few decent weapons, +2 Greatsword,+1 stone fire greataxe, War hammer (forget the enchantment),a Katana,Mace of disruption,and a flail +4 vs Undead. I've tried all the potions in my pack and none seem to do any good. The speed potion lasts about five seconds (What a gyp!). SO I can't get past them. Can anyone tell me what I can do to get past these bums?

Thanks in Advance
Old 07-01-2002, 08:32 PM   #2
Deathcow
Elminster

i havent been there yet, but i can tell you why the speed potions work for only 6 seconds....you said 5, thats close [img]smile.gif[/img]

6 seconds is a turn, the spell haste lasts for one turn + another turn for every level of the caster...since you arent a caster, you only get it for one turn

i dont like how that works, i hope its changed in the next patch
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 10:25 PM   #3
AndyG
Elminster

The main guy uses a warhammer as a weapon. You could buy a Greater Brawlers belt, which has damage resistance against blunt. It might help you last a little longer.

I had a tough time with this fight. Make sure you're at full health and fully buffed.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 10:49 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

kill one at a time, and then run away and use stone of recall and heal yourself, portal back and kill the remaining ones.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 10:58 PM   #5
Grinch
The Magister

Thanks Guys,
I managed to get past him using a shield and +2 Katana. It was close,but I finally whipped him and Tomi was still alive. Onward! To Luskan!
Old 07-02-2002, 08:54 AM   #6
AndyG
Elminster

Don't go to Luskan yet. Check out the Green Griffin Inn.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2002, 09:00 AM   #7
Grinch
The Magister

Andy G. Yes went there and did the Green Griffin. In Luskan now and looking for the weapon Smith,all I found was a grouchy dwarf at the BattleHammer Smithy,no mention of custom weapons..