Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2002, 09:16 AM   #11
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by ryaldin:
yeah, buy how often do you leave a party member to watch over the mines with no armour, no sword, no bow, no weapons of any kind, no cloaks, boots, bracers, rings, amulets, potions, and as broke as the day he/she was born?
Funny? my friends do this to me all of the time...LOL
Old 10-23-2002, 10:24 AM   #12
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by I wish my name was Baggins:
Funny? my friends do this to me all of the time...LOL[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should quit going to pubs with Lord Brass.
I actually never did the "Stow 'em and drop 'em" method, but I have done the "Strip 'em and drop 'em" technique. I just ignore their rant once they've been dumped. But, I often wonder why they don't complain about being stripped first.
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 10:55 AM   #13
Grungi
Banned User

strip em and drop em? that sounds like a tactic to get feminist groups all over the country screaming..... ah sorry you mean baldurs gate, right gotcha
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 11:09 PM   #14
Billy Yank
The Magister

So am I the only one that makes sure dropped party members have weapons and armor? Not magic ones, mind you, but I make sure they can get by. I played one game with two generated characters (duoing?), and I picked up all the potential party members and took them to an inn before I dropped them. The main room of the FAI looked like a sidekicks convention by the time I was done.
Old 10-25-2002, 01:57 AM   #15
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

No, Billy I leave the equipment on if no one else in the party is going to use the equipment, which is usually the case. I suppose I could sell it but what is the point when I know I will get tons of gold elsewhere. If I take anything off it is usually some special ring or something that I can place on another character.

[ 10-25-2002, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 02:49 AM   #16
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

also i know minsc isn't the brightest npc but c'mon i think even he'd have a problem if you said "ok first give me your armour weapons potions and anything else of value. done good. now go fight that bear, don't worry we'll wait here for you,(whispers to die manical laughter).
Old 10-25-2002, 08:28 AM   #17
Grungi
Banned User

i take all their stuff off them if im sure im never going to see them again, way i look at it is :

hey minsc come here *imoen standing behind him cudgel in hand in shadows*

*crunch*

strip him quick, we'll sell the loot and use his good stuff, that'll teach the mad bastad!

ahhhh how do i sleep at night [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2002, 08:38 AM   #18
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy Yank:
So am I the only one that makes sure dropped party members have weapons and armor? Not magic ones, mind you, but I make sure they can get by. I played one game with two generated characters (duoing?), and I picked up all the potential party members and took them to an inn before I dropped them. The main room of the FAI looked like a sidekicks convention by the time I was done.
That method of leaving them normal equipment is what I do too, Billy Yank. BTW, I used to live in Centreville.
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 10:00 AM   #19
Grungi
Banned User

you trying to rp or you just feel bad for npcs [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2002, 10:45 AM   #20
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

I also leave them with basic stuff, ie splint mail and a sword and shield. Too caring?. I don't know.
How I dump them is this, get the rest of the party as far away from them as possible in an area you don't want to go back to and remove them, then sprint to the edge and move to a different area.
You know where they are if you want them again.