Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Default What happens to my char when I'm not playing?

So up till now I've always been the only person playing this, and if I leave, next time I come back everything is reset.

Today for the first time I met another player. This girl (EDIT: and I mean, the characte was female. Not sure if the player is a girl or a guy) comes, says she's been playing this a lot before it came offline and is really glad it's back up. She was really impressed with the work Ziroc has done. I asked her to visit the forums if she could.

Anyway, I left, then bame back and my character instead of appearing at the yawning portal, was back when I left him.

So this might be a stupid question, but what happens to my character when I leave, if there are other people playing? Does he disappear, or does he remain there doing nothing? Do I have to leave him in a safe place?

Also what happens to my character when he dies?

Last edited by ZFR; 04-21-2013 at 04:05 PM.
ZFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: What happens to my char when I'm not playing?

If there is someone online when you log out, the character is saved where you logged out, but is not in game. This doesn't mean you shouldn't find a "safer" place to log out, I used to like to crash in the Dragon's lap on 5, if I remember correctly, the first Red anyway. It's cool if you're in a party, and they can manage until you get back, but if you're there alone, and somebody is elsewhere, it can be kinda rough.

When you die, you are stuck where you're at. I don't remember if logging out will take you back to the start location or not. I used to have an OnDeath event on my server that took you to a safe place, and provided a return portal so you could go back to the last place you died, but I haven't reinstalled that module yet, and I'm not sure I could write a script to close a door right now.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote