Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-15-2004, 01:46 PM   #21
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

LOLOLOL!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of children, Stormy. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] I figured you would be used to stunts like this by now from your kids.

I understand your feelings though. Our middle son did pretty much the same thing this summer. He got some gum stuck in his beautiful white hair one day while Pappy was watching him. So he promptly got the scissors and cut the gum out - leaving a HUGE gap in his hair. LOL!! My poor wife had a major "kaniption" attack over it. It HAD to be fixed RIGHT THEN....only there was no one to do it. Her aunt is the one that cuts the boys hair, but she wasn't available. So she actually called another aunt's husband to see if HE could help. He lives near us and used to be a Barber. He came over, took a look, and basically said "It'll grow out". Our son's hair was pretty short and is very thin anyway.

She had to put up with the "gap" for about 2 weeks before her aunt could finally give him a full haircut. She had to cut his hair so short that it was just barely a step above a buzz cut (which I thought actually looked good on him).

In the end, I have to agree with the other dad's on the forum...it'll grow back eventually. Then again, we're guys and don't get "freaked" by little things like a "gaped haircut". Nope. We save OUR stress for the IMPORTANT THINGS - like our boys wanting to play with Barbie dolls or watch the PowerPuff Girls.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:00 PM   #22
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

LOL Cerek -- the important things, like those boys sniffing around our girls... [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

Yeah, I can't wait to be the bastard dad from hell when dating time starts... There's a certain joy involved in asking just the right questions to make a young boy wonder if he's going to live through the evening or not [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:13 PM   #23
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

you are guys are so bad... [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] but yeah the difference between a good hair cut and a bad one is 2 weeks [img]smile.gif[/img] but as for my kids doing it...I had forgotten Skyler did it too :/
Old 09-15-2004, 03:09 PM   #24
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
LOL Cerek -- the important things, like those boys sniffing around our girls... [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img]

Yeah, I can't wait to be the bastard dad from hell when dating time starts... There's a certain joy involved in asking just the right questions to make a young boy wonder if he's going to live through the evening or not [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
I have to admit that was something I fantasized about too during our various pregnancies....just WHAT questions do I want to ask or comments do I want to make that will make this hormone-crazed young man fear for his ever-lovin' life??? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img] {hehehehe}

Of course now I have to be the dad that warns his boys to NOT be "that type of guy" towards the girls --- because some of the other dads WILL shoot them if they break the heart of their Little Angel.
Old 09-15-2004, 03:16 PM   #25
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I've got one son and one daughter... so I'll have to play both sides

I just want to get even for what I went through, growing up... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 09-15-2004, 03:35 PM   #26
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Hehe, that reminds me of something off Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

"She said you be nice to him, and I told her all I was going to do was bring him to the side and tell him this. If you get any ideas of kissing or hugging my daughter, just know one thing, I'm not afraid of going back to prison." [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

But since I'm the teenager you dads seem to hate, I'll be on my way
Old 09-15-2004, 04:01 PM   #27
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Well, I think most of them don't have to worry about that stage for awhile. Well, Stormy doesn't, anyways.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:04 PM   #28
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

LOL! I'll save that line for future use [img]smile.gif[/img]

Gangrell, it's not that I hate teenagers by any means. Heck, I was one, once.

As I've tried to explain to my wife, it's not the teenager that's the problem, it's the hormones. And I know... 'cause I was one, once

I'm still waiting to use a friend of mine's words to his children on curfews: You're late, I worry. I worry, you pay. One day grounding per minute late.

We'll see how that goes... eventually [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Old 09-15-2004, 04:05 PM   #29
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I'm the kind of guy that usually got liked by the parents.

The parents usually told the girl that she should go out with me...
Old 09-15-2004, 04:26 PM   #30
coyote696
The Magister

yeah stormy is lucky right now, but she almost had a step grandbaby recently, as my oldest daughter was pregnant and i was not aware of it