Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-27-2002, 08:02 PM   #31
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I am coming down firmly on Mouse's side of this discussion. If Tiamat or ANYONE posts things you don't find amusing in general, you can avoid his threads. If the posts offend you in some way, seek the input of a moderator or webmaster. Throwing insults at someone isn't the solution, it simply adds to the problem.

Tiamat, try less slang, more straightforward kind of posts. You might be surprised how well they are received.

Cloudy
Old 04-27-2002, 08:16 PM   #32
Lioness
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Tiamat, try less slang, more straightforward kind of posts. You might be surprised how well they are received.

Cloudy
That's what I was trying to say, sorry if it wasn't as nice as that.
Old 04-27-2002, 08:27 PM   #33
lroyo

Well, I'm going to put my five cents into this conversation. I think some of you have been extremely harsh on Tiamat. I mean sure, he may be just trying to get his rank up by writing nonsense, but he's been told. There is no need to abuse him personally as some of you have most definately just done.
I've seen a lot of posts by Tiamat and I can't make North or South out of any of them, but he's not half as bad as Tom the Strong Wizard, who seems to find enjoyment in abusing and putting down anyone he can!
We're all here to enjoy ourselves, so lets cut out the crap!

Old 04-27-2002, 08:40 PM   #34
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Aviendha:
Well, I'm going to put my five cents into this conversation. I think some of you have been extremely harsh on Tiamat. I mean sure, he may be just trying to get his rank up by writing nonsense, but he's been told. There is no need to abuse him personally as some of you have most definately just done.
I've seen a lot of posts by Tiamat and I can't make North or South out of any of them, but he's not half as bad as Tom the Strong Wizard, who seems to find enjoyment in abusing and putting down anyone he can!
We're all here to enjoy ourselves, so lets cut out the crap!
(applause) HEAR HEAR!!
Old 04-27-2002, 09:34 PM   #35
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

Cloudy
That's what I was trying to say, sorry if it wasn't as nice as that.[/QUOTE]Lioness,you said it just fine! I'm only echoing the sentiment.
Old 04-27-2002, 11:05 PM   #36
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Remember what happened to killer? your sounding alot like him Try to make complete sentences and maybe your punchline will get through......oh yea IM THE FORUM JESTER DAMMIT!

[ 04-27-2002, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: caleb ]
Old 04-28-2002, 01:58 AM   #37
Sir Michael
Manshoon

The darker side of the Ironworks...frankly I'm disgusted...

I fully agree with Mouse and those of you who echoed his sentiments. I find a lot of the stuff that is posted here to be a lot more spam-like and incomprehensible than what Tiamat posted. You'll note it was I that egged him on in another thread. I kind of like him, in fact, and I thought some of what he did was funny, even.

There is a fine line between brilliance and insanity... Consider also that it must take a genius to always stay in character like that...I certainly couldn't do it.

And now you insensitive sods have driven him off...I hope you're happy.
\"You see things; and you say \'Why?\' But I dream things that never were; and I say \'Why not?\'\"<br />-George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />\"Men take only their needs into consideration never their abilities.\"<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Old 04-28-2002, 02:22 AM   #38
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Remember what happened to killer? your sounding alot like him Try to make complete sentences and maybe your punchline will get through......oh yea IM THE FORUM JESTER DAMMIT!
No you're wrong there, Tiamat is actually smart enough to write in complete sentances. Killer didn't have what it takes (mentality wise) to be able to do so [img]tongue.gif[/img] Tiamat chooses not to most of the time.
Old 04-28-2002, 02:24 AM   #39
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Michael:

And now you insensitive sods have driven him off...I hope you're happy.
He always comes back, don't worry.
But then again no one has ever shouted at him as much as people have in this thread...or in the other thread.
Shame it was going to be his one year anniversary soon (he first came here in May as Gwahanos,lord of evil).

[ 04-28-2002, 02:30 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 04-28-2002, 04:39 AM   #40
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
I think he is referring to the extremity which was my post.
It'll be better if u PM him about that but I enjoyed it!
I mean it was kinda like compensation for having to read his thread without prior warning...

If people didn't post threads like that the world would be so much simpler...