Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2002, 10:43 PM   #1
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

This is for beginning of the game when you make a new character. make a elven rouge. it levels the fastest out of every charc/race combination. why? elven characters get fast learner trait, they get more experience from killing opponents. why rogue? their class requires the least ammount of the exp. to advance to the next level. solo character, hard difficuly and often spawn rate and you will level very fast. and when you get to ishad n'ha or brimloch roon you can become an assassin, ninja or whatever suits you.
Old 06-18-2002, 06:47 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

Playing an elf does speed up levelling up because you get 10% more experience from any kill but:
Cheap (fast leveling up) and expensive roles are only a hallucination in W&W, expecially when you are playing a solo character. Each role is leveling up according to a progress table (or a formula) as long as the difference between the number of XP needed for next level and the number of XP needed for the current level does not exceed 250000 XP. When the difference reaches 250000 XP, the step between levels is kept fixed at 250000 XP. Therefore, a rogue (the cheapest role) will be 2 or 3 levels higher than a zenmaster (one of the most expensive roles) in the end. This is because the rogue will reach the region "fixed step - 250000 XP" at a level higher by 2 or 3 than a zenmaster. Since then, both roles will proceed at the same speed. If we take into account that a solo character will be level 70 or so at the end of the game, we see that the difference in levels between a rogue and a zenmaster is negligible.
If you want high levels fast, then:
1. Play a solo elf - +10% of XP.
2. Gain the Crusade trait - all undeads give you twice as much XP. The trait bonus doubles the elven bonus, too (it is applied after the elven bonus is applied).
3. Reset adventures after your final role change.
4. Do evil things if your conscience allows it. Kill Erathsmedor, Oakenmir (more than 40 levels up), the shrine guadian (4 levels up), Leprechaun and so on. But ask yourself first: isn't level 70 enough?
Old 06-18-2002, 06:52 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

Lol Radek! How much experienc did you say Oakenmir gave????
Old 06-18-2002, 09:09 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

According to the Tome of Misinformation:

Oakenamir is worth 10,338,538 Exerience Points I do have to wonder how they decided on that value.

LEAVE THE ENT ALONE!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 09:36 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

Sure. 10.3 millions divided by 250000 equals 41 levels for a solo character.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:54 PM   #6
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

*SPOILER*

i was just referring to the beginning stages. i was comparing that combination versus every character/class combination you can make in the beginning of the game. yea i killed both erathsomedeor + oakenmier. both were pretty easy for my party. never killed guardian, didnt even have to fight him. im surprised the end boss, Lord Cet wasnt worth that many exp. compared to the normal creatures it is, but still he is the last thing in your way from protecting peace in the gael serran!

[ 06-18-2002, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: KAR_MOD1 ]
Old 06-18-2002, 11:03 PM   #7
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

I killed both the dragon and the dumb tree. But I found a way to kill both of the gods.

Still not that much Exp. But it was still easy and didn't take much longer you don't get the sword though but it is no good compared to the blessed weapons so who really cares.

The elves do level up a little faster espesically when you get the traits that allow you to gain more experince when battling certain types I can't think of them off of the top of my head though.