Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 12-23-2005, 02:42 PM   #1
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Which do you like more and why?
Old 12-23-2005, 02:52 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

IWD1- Feels more heroic, I'm not a big fan of just taking orders, and Kuldahar>Targos.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 08:52 PM   #3
Aerich
Lord Ao

IWD1. I prefer the "look", I'm more familiar with the 2nd ed rules, and I like the role definition (no quad-class paladins).
Old 12-24-2005, 10:13 AM   #4
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Aerich:

(no quad-class paladins).
/slap

Krunchy, I can't help but notice how your post in IWD2 forum has gotten results favorable to IWD2 and your post in IWD1 forum and gotten results favorable to IWD1. Interesting. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 02:36 PM   #5
teval
Dungeon Master

i like 1 best becuse its remind me of old good days with this game and thats why i started overagain on it fore 8 time
teval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 02:20 AM   #6
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Marty4:
quote:
Originally posted by Aerich:

(no quad-class paladins).
/slap

Krunchy, I can't help but notice how your post in IWD2 forum has gotten results favorable to IWD2 and your post in IWD1 forum and gotten results favorable to IWD1. Interesting. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]LMAO! Where am I supposed to post this thing?

Hey... I think I'll post a poll in the poll forum and add a link in each thread!

EDIT: OK, I went ahead and created a poll thread about this subject. Please visit this thread and vote!

[ 12-27-2005, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: krunchyfrogg ]
Old 12-28-2005, 02:50 PM   #7
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
I responded to the poll question first, but I might aswell throw some words in here too since information about Icewind Dale was actually the essential google search which first brought me to Ironworks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The first game is more memorable to me for many reasons, having played it four or five times now. I prefer its story, soundtrack, sense of immersion, the nostalgia kick, the beauty of its simplicity in many places, the variety of its combat situations, the way it conveyed a sense of ambience in its environment and its sheer playability. For instance, I was almost tempted to install IWD again the other day just to check out the Auril's Bane mod. Can anyone reccomend it to me? [img]smile.gif[/img]

IWD2 just didn't quite carry as much grandeur and the epic feel that the original had. Perhaps an expansion or lengthening mod would help in this regard, since battle squares just didn't do a great deal for me. I was also fairly disappointed that the game seemed to fall away in terms of quality roleplaying after the very enjoyable prelude, descending into a bit of a pantomime storyline and fairly repetitive unmemorable combat. However, I may have to replay it sometime and try some different party dynamics, I might get something else out of it.

Cheers to all IWD'ers still lurking round the Spine of the World.
CD
EDIT: Whey! Its Twinkle and IcingDeath! Kind of ironic to meet them here.

[ 12-28-2005, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: CerebroDragon ]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 05:55 PM   #8
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

BUMP.

We need more votes!
Old 12-29-2005, 08:00 PM   #9
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

IWD1!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I'm just not that big a fan of 3rd edition rules.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #10
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Default Re: IWD1 vs. IWD2

iwd 1 definetely.
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote