Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-25-2001, 07:51 AM   #1
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

He's an amazing fighter I've found. Especially the poison cause if he doesn't kill them that does.At the moment he has his own amour and is duel wielding his kantana and a Kantana +1. I read somewhere I should give him that agea's hide. What is the best armour he can have. Also if I give him the the short sword o backstabbing in his left hand will it still work while it is being duel wielded?.

Warby
Old 10-25-2001, 09:45 AM   #2
Shagrat The Half Orc

I duel wield Daystar in one hand and Celestial fury in the other, I trained him up in longsword, i have dragon slayer sword ready in case we run into dragons. ive yet to get the vorpal blade and crom faer so i dont know if i can improve upon what he has yet.

No matter what, u HAVE to get him celestial fury, him being a katana user and that being the best katana in the game.

Location of celestial fury is at the...
guarded compound in temple district

Old 10-25-2001, 10:31 AM   #3
Dramnek_Ulk

Aegars hide is a suit of hide armour in the adventurers mart, about ac3 & 9k i think. But the best armour for valygar is the shadow dragon scale which is ac1. not suprisingly you have it made from the scales of a shadow dragon.

------------------

There is a tower in the Emperor's palace called the Tower of Heroes, at the summit of that tower hangs the Bell of Lost Souls. Its wailing moan of grief lasts long and reaches the ears of millions, and its tones penetrate the unifying ether of humanity turning the thought of countless billions towards mankind's loss.

Old 10-25-2001, 12:12 PM   #4
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

I've just got him celestial fury. I'll get the shadow dragon when I complete that quest. I've killed it in my last game but the Pit fiend got the kill so I lost the XP. Thanks. Whats another good Kantana apart from his and the Celestial fury?.

Warby
Old 10-25-2001, 12:22 PM   #5
Debaser

nothing quite as good as Celestial Fury.....Malakar +2 is pretty decent i guess, it gives you an extra +2 to your AC against slashing weapons...and acts as a +2 katana other than that.
Old 10-25-2001, 02:39 PM   #6
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

Valygar, good NPC!? did some patch come out I didnt know about that drasticly changed the game?
Old 10-25-2001, 08:01 PM   #7
andrewas
Harper

he is an effective fighter. i woudnt take him for long tho. thats more to do with not having space for another fighter than not wanting to. plus i kinda left him in the asylum.
Old 10-26-2001, 08:36 AM   #8
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

I use Valygar more than Keldorn now. He just cuts through the enemy. I'm just gonna get him day star and they he'll be dueling it with Celestial fury.

Warby