Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 08-08-2004, 07:54 AM   #41
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Do y'all think that what you find randomly is a little bit based on your party?
I just tried Davies locker 3 times and each time I got the Zizka Star and I've never had it before.
..got Excal. the third try too.. and the Axe of many Runes; is it worth using the thing?
Old 08-08-2004, 11:05 AM   #42
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I get the feeling I'm talking to myself here...

Well, I just got my first Light Sword from the Ghosts! I guess it really is true. I wonder if I'll luck out and get one in Bayjin too!?!?
Old 08-09-2004, 05:15 PM   #43
Gadgeteer Tom
Dungeon Master

I got the Sword Cuisinart from the Queen's chest, just grabbed 3 slips from the Constable's save - trying to find that darn tube again to grab the loot.

I have 4 really nice spears, Spear of Doom, one that can invoke Firestorm, and one that 'only' dishes up massive damage (which I prefer over Poison, I don't like to have to wait).

My Elementals have been a real pain - keep blocking my access to the opponents but just standing there 'defending' (all buffed up, with Haste, Superman, Enchanted Blade, Missile Shield, Eye for an Eye, and of course Razor cloak [what good is a 'meat shield' without Razor Cloak ?!], and just standing around as the buffs wear off...), half tempted sometimes to just knock off the Elemental to get the battle going - although I get darn few casualties.

Thought I'd add something so's you'd know I'm reading all your aquisitions - but not sure what to say - because I hate reloading and fighting over again just to se what drops.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:16 PM   #44
Gadgeteer Tom
Dungeon Master

Woo Woo ! 50 Posts, now I get 6 dice instead of the shield !
Old 08-09-2004, 09:16 PM   #45
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Well, no luck on a second sword, but that's ok cause this party of 3 fighters is just crazy anyway... or was.. I just started a party o' 2 Ninja. 1 fairie and 1 felpurr (I think) I'd like to try the cane just once.
Old 08-12-2004, 07:51 PM   #46
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
Do y'all think that what you find randomly is a little bit based on your party?
I just tried Davies locker 3 times and each time I got the Zizka Star and I've never had it before.
..got Excal. the third try too.. and the Axe of many Runes; is it worth using the thing?
How embarrassing i'm quoting myself.
Anyway, I just opened the big safe in trynton and netted 2, count 'em 2 cloaks of perception. I just happen to have a party 2 Ninja'. What do y'all think of my comment now yeah?
Old 08-14-2004, 01:17 PM   #47
Wereboar
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Even better, you can, very rarely, get a Siege Arbalest in one of the Pagoda armoury chests in Trynton. Only happened to me a couple of times though in approx two years of playing Wiz8. I assume it's level dependent?
I got it two or three times, too. And i'm always at level 9 or 10 at that stage, so i don't think its level dependant. There's just a chance to get a high-level item. Often its only a couple of lightning bolts or mystic arrows, but sometimes a sai or another rare weapon.
Wereboar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 06:35 AM   #48
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Hey Flamestryke,
I just got an Enchanted Broadsword from 1 of the 3 Oak saplings on the 7th Bough! I noticed you had no mention of it on your site, so I thought you might want to add it or a least check it out.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 08-31-2004, 09:33 AM   #49
Flamestryke
The Magister

Quote:
Hey Flamestryke,
I just got an Enchanted Broadsword from 1 of the 3 Oak saplings on the 7th Bough! I noticed you had no mention of it on your site, so I thought you might want to add it or a least check it out.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes it has happened occassionally. I even got a Siege Arbalest from them once not long ago.

It is actually listed on the site in a couple places. Its easy to understand how you missed it though.

Using the Monster Index, select Plants, choose either of the two Oak Sapling entries (these guys on the 7th bough are actually the second of the two entries). Look at the bottom of their information page and note they have a 5% chance to drop 1 item from the Trynton Good Treasure list. They can drop 1 item and a Spirit Staff on a really good day. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Using the Item Index, select Drop List and scroll down to Trynton Good, Oak Saplings are listed among others as dropping loot from this Treasure List.