Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 10-24-2001, 02:10 PM   #1
tduzan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know that supposedly the darkstone in game music files are just converted mp3's and i want to change the music to some of music

how do i go about doing this

please answer ASAP cause i am leaving for another city soon and wont be back till next week
tduzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 02:31 PM   #2
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Don't think you can change the music while you are playing the game, but you are right, the music files are MP3 compatable and can be played by Winamp.

Have Fun

------------------
Regards

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 10-24-2001).]
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 04:00 AM   #3
Malleus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If i got it right, you want to change the background music of the game...
...maybe there's a way...

!!! warning -- i've never really tried that !!!

- check where the music is stored in the Darkstone folder / CD (you should use Cv5, since they are into the data.mtf file);
- create exactly that folder structure into the Darkstone folder (this way, the new directory would be used, thus overriding the one into the data.mtf file);
- put into this new directory the new music files you want to hear... note that they should have the same name as the original ones (iirc they are of the form xy.mp2 where xy is an increasing integer);
- also, i think that thae files should be compressed in exactly the same format as the original ones...

Ok, as i said before, i've never tried that with music files, but i've done it without any problems with some skins (the dragon shield, for example); also, this is exactly the same way the custom quests are loaded into the game...

Malleus

[This message has been edited by Malleus (edited 10-25-2001).]
Malleus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 10:34 AM   #4
tduzan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks ill try that on my other computer first and if it works that will be cool
\

tduzan is offline   Reply With Quote