Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-05-2000, 12:52 AM   #1
Rabbit Slayer

yep i've played it but got bored after a while!

I didnt enjoy it nearly as much as BG1 or BG2. I think it was mainly because you were limited in the control you had over your character. You had to go to people to learn fighting skills and to be taught to follow another path. I couldnt find anybody to train me as a priest - not even fall from grace could. I definately didnt like the way that worked.

Also the feel of the game was really odd, especially after playing BG1, the areas were alot smaller and you couldnt just explore the world map (this is also the only things i dont like about BG2)

Oh well...

Never Mind

Rabbit Slayer.

Old 11-05-2000, 09:55 AM   #2
BaatoRyan

im just wondering... its a great game.....

Old 11-05-2000, 06:05 PM   #3
lord evil

It was a more evil place. You could do some unthinkable things to yourself being an immortal. the npc were better and had more personalties. Your goal was to save yourself and not the world.

Old 11-06-2000, 01:29 AM   #4
Korax

I've played all 3 and I can easily say that I enjoyed Torment the most. The mainquest and subquest was much more interesting and involving, and the same goes for the npcs, especially your "sidekick" Morte. The world of planescape is much more interesting. Like in Fallout 1 and 2 your dialog options are dependant on your intelligens score, and all stats really matter. I can only recommend buying Torment, to put it short it's the best of the 3.

Old 11-06-2000, 01:31 AM   #5
Korax

I've played all 3 and I can easily say that I enjoyed Torment the most. The mainquest and subquest was much more interesting and involving, and the same goes for the npcs, especially your "sidekick" Morte. The world of planescape is much more interesting. Like in Fallout 1 and 2 your dialog options are dependant on your intelligens score, and all stats really matter. I can only recommend buying Torment, to put it short it's the best of the 3.

Old 11-06-2000, 03:09 AM   #6
UnForGiven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

im just about to play torment and was wondering what stats r good to have? do ur stats go up or r u stuck with the same 4 the whole game?
Old 11-06-2000, 03:42 AM   #7
BaatoRyan

unforgiven, when you level up, you get to assign ONE point on ANY stat you want to.... at least its MUCH better than Baldur's Gate 1 and 2... but i tell you, in torment, you really have to boost up coz you'll know in the later parts of the game.

Old 11-06-2000, 05:12 AM   #8
Opus

I played it, but didn't put enought points into wisdom - not wise as it turned out and I got the DUD endgame sequence. That put me off Torment... Waiting for NWN.

Old 11-08-2000, 11:32 PM   #9
Burkatashi

Nick Name: Burkatashi
Torment. Rocks.
I wasn't that enchanted the first time I played it but the second time I kicked arse!!
Spoiler

KEEP THE GOLD ORB YOU GET FROM PHAROD!!!!!
I sugest being a mage, my guy was level 24 and Dakon was level 20 fighter, level 18 mage. you don't fallover.
When you get to the room with your three previous incarnations ask the good one about the orb and he will tell you that the custard egg is actually a sensory stone which hold all your previous memories and eperiances!! Don't quote me but I think I got around 7 000 000 xp, enough to level 7 TIMES!!!! And Dakon is an absolutely unbeatable tank at high levels.
YOU NEED LOTS OF WISDOME AND INTELIGENCE, Get strength tatoos for Dakon and get his strength up to about 22.
Stop uping your int ans wis at about 19 or 20 because each few times you level you'll get a plus one to wis or int.
Enjoy.

Old 11-09-2000, 01:50 AM   #10
Mandrake
Welcomed New User

Torment is brilliant. I loved the dark and brooding atmosphere. The nameless one is one of the most memorable characters to ever grace a computer. If you havent played this game, get it. Two thumbs up black isle. Way way up!