Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 04-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #1
Huwge
Dungeon Master

Default MM6 and MM7 Queries

I've finally finished Wiz8 so thought I'd try the above two games.

I have them with the Millenium Box.

How do I tell which version of each game I have and where can I load the Official Patches?

I have installed them both and they seem to run on XP. I'd just like to patch them so that I dont come across any game breaking bugs.

A trustworthy link ( I'm paranoid about getting trojans etc) to the Patches would be great.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Huwge; 04-18-2008 at 11:44 AM. Reason: spelling
Huwge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:44 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: MM6 and MM7 Queries

If you enjoyed Wiz8, you'll enjoy these. They're the same kind of classic CRPG action that you see in Wiz8

For the versions, if you right-click on the executable, it should show it in the properties. Seems to me that they display on a splash screen at the start, too, but I don't remember where.

As for resources, you can certainly ask here. There are a few MM players on the boards. For more focused efforts, however, look at...

There are a few others, but many of them link from there. At least Celestial Heavens, TELP, and Castle Gobs either have patches, have links to patches, or have people who know where the patches can be found.

After you've played MM7, plug in BigDaddyJim's mod to it. It changes the game quite a bit... in a good way, I think
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #3
Huwge
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the links. Can someone explain how the damage is calculated on weapons (not having played any D&D).

There is nothing in the manual and I've forgotten how its worked out eg a bow is 4d2 etc

Thanks in advance
Old 04-21-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

ahh, you're thinking a little too much. just get out there and kick the crap out of stuff!!
what I do is, take the weapon and click on "stats". then equip the weapon. this way, you can see which has better to hit and damage stats. elemental damage is not factored in though.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #5
Huwge
Dungeon Master

Hehe, still need to know the basics of those numbers though. Dont want to spend my money on a weapon thats not as good as the currenty equipped
Old 04-21-2008, 12:49 PM   #6
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I almost never buy anything. there's way too much stuff in the game, just lying around. the shops are only to sell stuff; IMHO

But here's the damage thing:

Supreme flail: 2D5 +11 = 13-21 damage
Mekorig's hammer: 5D5 +15 = 20-45 damage

The game will basically roll 2 5 sided dice, which means 2-10 points of damage. Then add the plus of the weapon.

Excuisite long dagger is: 2D3 +7, which means...
Old 04-21-2008, 01:02 PM   #7
Huwge
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood View Post

Excuisite long dagger is: 2D3 +7, which means...
9-13 if I understand it right.

I was not intending buying a load of stuff. Just buying everyone a bow and maybe some armour to start out.
I fidn the manual very poor. No basic explanations or spell lists etc and nothing on the CDs either
Old 04-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #8
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

You are correct

I have the original strategy guide, which really helps. After a while, you just know every item by looking at it. The nod has changed many of the values though! The stuff on Emerald island all all pretty lousy, so don't worry about it too much. You will find some good stuff lying around with the mod though.

I always get a Scholar early on. You get everything identified and a 5% bonus on experience. I just hate not knowing what value the stuff has.
If you don't find one, go in the waterfall and come back out. All the NPC's will rest.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:23 PM   #9
Huwge
Dungeon Master

I am currently playing Mandate of Heaven. I have not installed any mod for it. I just seem to be a little short of money, as I want to have all trained in bows, one in repair and one in merchant.

All good fun though
Old 04-21-2008, 01:23 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You understood right

Years ago, we played a computerized version of Yahtzee at a former employer. One day the computers were down, and my boss mentioned that it was too bad we couldn't play Yahtzee while waiting for them to come back up.

When I said that I could go home at lunch and come back with some six-sided dice, he looked at me funny, wondering what *other* kinds of dice there could be.

Needless to say, he found out....

Get your basic weapons, then upgrade as you either (a) find better stuff or (b) see better stuff in the stores. I wouldn't worry about armor until later... you'll find enough good and better stuff along the way.

FWIW, I look for four different kinds of valuable magics:

1. Armor of the Phoenix. +30 Fire resistance and regeneration... wonderful stuff
2. Weapons of the Dragon. +25 Might, +10-25 damage (or something like that)... makes warriors out of wimps.
3. Jewelry of Plenty, the Troll, Regeneration, Mana... Plenty is best, since it regenerates mana and HP. Everything else hits one or the other. When you see 'em, get em...
4. Anything of disarming. At least, if it's higher than your current plus to disarm. Trapped chests get to be very annoying... In the early game, anything more than a +5 on disarm is useful. Max in the standard game is +25... worth having

Others may argue about priorities and such. They work for me, and I sometimes change them around too.

"Better stuff" is defined (in my book) as either doing more damage (5d2+3 >> 5d2+7) or adding magical damage (bow of infernos, plus 3-18 damage). Magical damage doesn't show on your stats screen when you equip a weapon.

I just checked my MM7 manual, and it has a full listing of all the spells and such. Not much detail (about a paragraph each), but it shows enough. I've got the original version (although I've probably got Millennium around somewhere)... I know TELP's got a full listing of spells for MM7 and higher, and a quick search showed that Tennessee Ernie Ford (better known as TEF) has a full listing here. You'll need to wander the links on the right-hand side... they come up rather small for me, but still work.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote