Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 12-29-2007, 04:18 PM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Ironworks Forum Secret Santa - (belated) Gift Delivery!

So just think of it like when a relative is away over christmas and you can't catch up with them for gifts until after the holiday. Or maybe when people are super cheap and buy their gifts in the post-christmas sales so you get them late

Anyway, all secret santa participees, POST YOUR GIFTS!! Make sure you send lots of love to whoever gives you your gift too!!
Old 12-29-2007, 04:31 PM   #2
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Default Re: Secret Santa - (belated) Gift Delivery!

Right, my gift was for Sir Goulum, and I had to think about it for a bit, until I realised the gift was right in front of my nose (not literally unfortunately, but you get the idea!)

So what did I know about Sir G? He lives in Canada, and it's cold and icy there. He worked in a cinema, and now (correct me if I'm wrong?) in retail. But what to get the man who's on the go, travelling from A to B to C and D all the time?

This bad boy

pilot not included

That's right! Driving in the ice can be a pain in the arse, but now you won't have to worry about that! That 9am start won't be so much hassle without traffic as you whizz through the air in your brand new M200G Volantor!.

I can't be held responsible should you forget to fill the tank and crash land, or get shot at for being an alien invader, or any other bad circumstances that could arise from said gift.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:49 PM   #3
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Heart Re: Secret Santa - (belated) Gift Delivery!

Okay so my gift is for.... Illumina!!!

Picture this. You're walking along the street, when you come across a greengrocers. They have apple's for $1 a bag. Gritting your teeth, you continue down only to come across "Sale on ALL Childrens' Clothes!" You are unpleasantly reminded of the email you received earlier in the day, entitled "Great holiday joke's". Great joke's what? Indeed.

It is everywhere, it seems. You can't escape it. Abuse of the humble apostrophe is rampant, plurals masquerading as possessive, possessives ending in s with their 's missing the s, plural acronyms apostrophised, its, it's or... its'? (!!), won't someone think of the children?!

Someone finally has.

It's the Apostrophe's Friend - a revolution in the field of editing. An ingenious device, small enough to put in your pocket or handbag, yet powerful enough to correct any misplaced apostrophe. Just point and click on the offending word and voila! Watch as your becomes you're, who's is corrected to whose, apostrophes are eradicated from plurals. Works on paper, newspapers, signs, even electronic text! No longer will you have to read emails and webpages with a heavy heart as you mourn the misuse of apostrophes.

From one pedant to another - enjoy!
Old 12-29-2007, 05:46 PM   #4
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion

Aelia-

This is the most glorious day of my life.

Now then. Kyrvias. I've thought about what I might get you, and then I realized that the truly personal gift will be a work with your input. I'm therefore giving you the gift of Illumina by imbuing a ring with my essence. That's right. I've begun work on the Ring of Kyrvias (patent pending, void where prohibited, shown by the state of California to cause personality defects). Simply fill out the 10,000 pages and forms that will be at your door presently, mail them back (first class, delivery conformation and insure up to $1.5 million), and within 6-8 weeks, you'll have your ring!

Now then. You may pick up to three spells to put on your ring. You may choose from any of the following, which can all be cast thrice per day:

Cone of Cold Shoulder
Hair Spray
Dragon Breath (components include one whole head of garlic and a pot of espresso)
Detect Self
Visibility Sphere
Sunray (must be cast at noon)
Mirror Image (mirror not included)

The ring also boosts your Dexterity, Wisdom, Intelligence, and Charisma by one point each. However, the downside is that you get a -5 penalty when making a Save vs. Stubborn check.

The most impressive quality of this ring is that it can summon me, but only once per year. Upon reaching the call, I will be instantly transported to you and will win one (1) argument on your behalf. That's right. Anytime, anywhere, you can have the caustic elf witch of Ironworks win any argument you're in!

Caution- Do not summon Illumina between the hours of 6am and 11am EST. If you summon Illumina, make sure to cast Protection from Sarcasm, Protection from Sarcasm 10' radius, Aura vs. Sarcasm, Magic Circle Against Sarcasm, or Summon Coffee on yourself. I can't be held responsible for what may happen if you don't follow those directions. Good luck.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:33 PM   #5
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Merry Christmas Aelia!

I am actually one of those super cheap people who buy their gift in the post-christmas sales . I found this on a sale on my way home from work. He's two weeks old, not fully house-trained but quite adorable.

(P.S. Although in the photo he looks like he's about to take off, in reality he's still too young to fly. But I was told the fully grown ones can reach heights of up to 50 feet.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flying_pig.JPG (36.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-29-2007, 06:43 PM   #6
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Wow. Thanks for that, Illumina! I'll be sure to use your calling wisely.

Now, Spirits Reborn.

Now, I thought to myself, "What would Spirits Reborn like?" I was stumped for quite awhile. So I asked a few people, and they told me more than a few things about you. Nothing bad, so don't worry.

In any event, as your Christmas Present, I give you: The BG Eraser 10k. Sold for X payments of 19.95, X being how many times you want to use the item, (Who knew? That would explain why my other from-T.V. items break after 4 uses.). Lucky you, you'll have quite a few uses out of it. Call it a personal sacrifice.

The BG Eraser 10,000: Love Baldurs Gate, and it's sequal, Baldurs Gate II? Played it so many times you had to install "Dungeon-be-Gone" and the "Ease of use" mods? Well, it's your lucky day! with The BG Eraser 10,000, all of those moments you loved about the series can be erased, permanently, or for a limited amount of time (Usually long enough for that first time, loving hte game runthrough.) Experience those moments like never before!

Gape at the Boots of Stomping; Cheese up the Staff of the Magi, and experience Athkatla for the second first time!

Hope you enjoy
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 06:53 PM   #7
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Wellard!

What to get for an adventurous Australian who has already worked with planes, motorcycles, and climbed to the top of a national landmark?

Why, the helmet he so rightly deserves for these kind of occaisions...

Thor's Helmet

Use it wisely...or use it well hard.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:49 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Sunglass Man Re: Secret Santa - (belated) Gift Delivery!

All right.... for Larry...

Now, I was planning on some select dark chocolates, work pants, work shirts, and the like, but *SOMEONE* else beat me to it

Instead.... let's bring a little life and joy into the Larry household.

Soooo..... to start with, knowing that you have some young ones at home, and knowing that the best way to score points with your kids is give them the impossible, let's make sure that the impossible happens.

Your first part of the prize, Larry, is an upgrade to your planned family vacation. Not just to Disneyworld, but to the Dolphin resort there... and rooms in the Presidential Suite level.

Quote:
A three bedroom floorplan furnished with the Westin Heavenly Bed®. The suite also offers a 1,085 sq. ft. parlor with a 42” plasma television and deluxe stereo system, grand piano, conference table for eight, full kitchen and sleeper sofa. There is also an entertainment center and individual climate control in each room. The bathrooms offer a Jacuzzi, terry cloth robes and a basket of upgraded amenities. Two multi-level Presidential Suites are located on the top floor of the Dolphin offering dramatic views of Crescent Lake and Disney's Hollywood Studios™.
Now, while the girls will love you for the accommodations, they'll positively squeal when you spend that entire *week* at Disneyworld... enough time to visit every single part of the park, spending breakfast and lunch with your favorite disney characters. That means, of course, Ariel and the other princesses, and for Saturday night, a special live High School Musical showing featuring the original cast.

Okay... enough points for your girls. And while a week of sleep in those Westin heavenly beds will score points with Mrs. Larry there's still room for more... so while the girls are enjoying some quality Disney time, it's Disney nightlife time as well. Dinner at a variety of places on the Disney boardwalk will give you a range of dining excitement from casual to elegant, from American to Asian, and from contemporary to exotic. And since there's more to life than food, every night features entertainment, from Cirque du Soleil to live performances, live bands, and more.

And lest you feel slighted, Larry, a nice laptop to keep you company... an Alienware M9750 17" running XP Pro with 640GB (yes, 640GB!) of hard drive space, 4GB of memory, dual graphics cards, and dual Intel 945PM processors. And since there are two processors, you'll need another display... a nice Samsung 30" widescreen monitor to bring the gaming experience to life.

So there you are, Larry... a great time for the girls, fun for your wife, and some toys to keep you going long after the memories have been made. Merry Christmas, my friend, merry Christmas.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:54 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

My goodness I think the Ring of Kyrvias is the SECOND best gift I've ever heard of! (EDITED...I had not read my own gift when I posted)

Jealous Stare

Well...my gift is for dplax. This is my first Secret Santa on IW, and I was really trying to come up with something really good for somebody I call a friend, since we're old gaming buddies now. However, it has been a long time since we've been involved in any RP at all due to a lot of problems...so I have been out of touch.

I am aware though that you mentioned a trip to the US, starting from the East Coast and ending in the West. I thought, if I were to take a tour of Europe from Spain to Russia, what would I want if I were a single college student?

The answer was that if I were lucky enough to have the ability to make such a travel, I'd want to share it with somebody, and so my gift to you, dplax, is that if money were no issue with me, I'd pay for you to get to take whoever you considered your best friend or most loved family member to share the trip with you, all expenses paid.

But that's not all...

At the end of your trip across the US, I have another surprise waiting for you once you hit California. Instead of shipping off back home and ending your trip, you get to go one more place. If I am not mistaken, you like to snow ski. I would therefore be sending you to what I hear is the best ski resorts in the world, in Chili. http://www.chileanski.com/eng/ski-resorts.htm

I don't know where I heard that, and I know nothing of skiing, but I hope you would be pleased with the surprise addition to your trip.

AND THANKS Bungleau! THAT'S AN AMAZING GIFT!!

Last edited by Larry_OHF; 12-29-2007 at 07:59 PM.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:10 PM   #10
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Heart Re: Secret Santa - (belated) Gift Delivery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFR View Post
Merry Christmas Aelia!

I am actually one of those super cheap people who buy their gift in the post-christmas sales . I found this on a sale on my way home from work. He's two weeks old, not fully house-trained but quite adorable.

(P.S. Although in the photo he looks like he's about to take off, in reality he's still too young to fly. But I was told the fully grown ones can reach heights of up to 50 feet.)
ZFR, that is cute as. I love him! And the fact that you got him on sale - well anyone who knows me knows I love a good bargain. Think about how much you saved not how much you spent