Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 08-08-2000, 05:25 PM   #1
LeeAnna

Where ever I put my baldur gate disk 4 in the cd-rom it makes the computer freeze up or a little box come on saying There's an error on the runtime C++ and I send Interplay some e-mail saying this but they haven't send anything all the other disks works fine so is the 4th disk defected
Old 08-09-2000, 11:00 AM   #2
Azreall

Well, c++ is a computer progaming software, so I just think the problem is your BG disc 4 is eh... Fucked up. cuase I know no bug that should cause this error. Did the disc work before or has it always been this way ???
I sugest you copy a new bg disk 4 from a friend, or buy a complete new game, because its worth the money and hassle.

( Ziroc, Bhaal, adhrael or moggl. Do you guys know a answer to this problem ? )

greets Azreall
Old 08-10-2000, 12:18 AM   #3
LeeAnna

Yeah the fourth disk worked before
Old 08-10-2000, 07:59 AM   #4
Azreall

Well, thats another storie. It may be that your disk got damaged or scratched in some way. But I think it is because you 1. have reinstalled Win or your whole computer. Have you ?
or 2. you've installed a bad worked of piece of software what screwed up your c++.

Well, I'm not a expert on softwarematic problems, so maybe you should try contacting ziroc or Moggl by E-mail.

greets
Old 08-10-2000, 10:30 AM   #5
Moggl

Erm... C++ is a computer programming language, the one that BG/Tales is programmed in. I can only guess that you've re-installed WIN95/98 over an existing installation, and you'll need to upgrade your hardware drivers. You might have to re-install BG/Tales and apply the Tales upgrade. Please check your CD for damages. (It's the printed surface that's vulnerable)

If you want to reach me via e-mail (see my profile), please contact me BEFORE friday 11-Aug-2000 so that I can reply before going on holidays.

Old 08-11-2000, 06:56 AM   #6
Azreall

OK, I was close with my answer, not ? I should know cause I know a bit of adjusted C.
But I remember that if something is wrong with C++ there can be a hell lot of things that can be wrong, so...

BTW, Happy Holiday, moggl.
Old 08-11-2000, 10:03 AM   #7
Moggl

Azreall: thanks, mate!

BUT: the win95/98 message saying about an error in the C++ runtime library indicates a faulty installation of win95/98 with some components missing, or a defective installation of BG. (there is a chance that a faulty CD can cause the same error, though.)

anyway: SEEEEEEEEE YOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!
Old 08-11-2000, 11:33 AM   #8
Adhrael

Well, happy birthday Moggl !!