Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-09-2005, 04:10 AM   #1
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Does anyone know of a graphics program that would allow me to type text so that it forms a shape? What we are trying to do for our graduation shirt is put the words "IB 2006" in various fonts into the shape of a Nike tick. Is there a free downloadable program that anyone can recommend? Or one I could get a CD for?
Old 10-09-2005, 06:45 AM   #2
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

I suggest you draw it with a pen and scan.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:58 AM   #3
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah... That is looking like the option that will have to take place... I just can't draw very well

At all...

But its ok... I have artsy friends!
Old 10-10-2005, 05:48 PM   #4
Sir Goulum
John Locke

You could probably download a trial version of photoshop cs2 and do something from there.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 06:55 PM   #5
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Coreldraw can do it as well
Old 10-10-2005, 07:48 PM   #6
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
You could probably download a trial version of photoshop cs2 and do something from there.
As Goulum said, except while you're at it make sure you get yourself a tutorial. This version of Photoshop is fairly complicated.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:44 AM   #7
LennonCook
Jack Burton

You can do this in GIMP, although it's a little tedious (there's bound to be an easier way, ofcourse: this was the first thing I thought of): Put each letter or word or whatever in it's own textbox (which will put them in individual layers), arrange them how you want, then merge them into one. The only problems come in a) like I said before, it's tedious, and b) if you want to change the shape, you have to start again.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:14 AM   #8
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
You can do this in GIMP, although it's a little tedious (there's bound to be an easier way, ofcourse: this was the first thing I thought of): Put each letter or word or whatever in it's own textbox (which will put them in individual layers), arrange them how you want, then merge them into one. The only problems come in a) like I said before, it's tedious, and b) if you want to change the shape, you have to start again.
You can do this a bit quicker in Photoshop, as each object you select automatically has it's own individual layer.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:55 PM   #9
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Ross: it actually does in GIMP aswell (if they're in individual text boxes (which you need anyway to move them around independantly), they're created in their own layers) - the only reason for the merging is so you can move them all around at once and keep the shape - there might be another way to do this, but the more I experiment the more I wish I'd not gotten an in-development GIMP (it's rather crash-happy).
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:30 PM   #10
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

If you are limited to M$, what about powerpoint, free draw, and then add text box?
With the 'scribble' and artsy person could create you image quickly, then add in the text box. Could be finished in about the time it takes Photoshop to load, register, and initialize.

GIMP is cool, but you will need another program = GTK and should be using an NT based M$ OS. If you are a member of the Penguin Army, then GIMP will be right at home.

--------------------

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote