Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-25-2001, 12:49 PM   #11
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Jerome - Undead Hunter
Carsomyr rox in combo with his 127% Fire resistance
Ideal against fire using monsters and undead

*Sniff* my first touch of stardom

I found this party worked well:

Kensi. (katana & long sword dual weild.)
Beserker (2 handed swords)
Fighter dualled to Cleric ( 5*'s in War hammer :evillaugh: )
Cleric/mage (just for backup healing and spellcasting)
Theif dualled to Mage (Nuff said.)
Sorceror (and again, just to provide versitility.)

This is an experimental party i played... they worked fine! As long as the fighter and theif were dualled at quite a low level, natrually

------------------
THE PUFF RETURNS!
Old 08-25-2001, 01:23 PM   #12
Keylow
Manshoon

If anyone's interested, this is my six man party:

Male Inquisitor
Male Half-Orc Barbarian
Male Human Ranger/Cleric, started as ranger and gone cleric at lvl6, I believe.
Female Halfling Swashbuckler
Female Human Cleric/mage, started as cleric and gone mage at level7, I believe.
Male Elf Sorceror

This way I got a good fighter who can use the cool 2hand swords and cast dispel&true sight.
I got a tank with my barb, he uses Celestial fury and shield.
I got a third fighter with my C/R, who is also my main cleric. He's a dualwielder by the way (guess where the Crom Faeyr's goin'?).
I got a straight thief and a back archer/fighter.
I got a backup cleric and a straight mage in the same char.
And of course the asskickin' sorceror!!

As for the dualclassers in my party, I dualled them at does levels coz there skills were ok then, and this way when u start BG2 u allready have the skills of ur first class back.
Old 08-25-2001, 01:50 PM   #13
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
*Sniff* my first touch of stardom

I found this party worked well:

Kensi. (katana & long sword dual weild.)
Beserker (2 handed swords)
Fighter dualled to Cleric ( 5*'s in War hammer :evillaugh: )
Cleric/mage (just for backup healing and spellcasting)
Theif dualled to Mage (Nuff said.)
Sorceror (and again, just to provide versitility.)

This is an experimental party i played... they worked fine! As long as the fighter and theif were dualled at quite a low level, natrually

What Happend to 6 Paladins

------------------

The Rocks show the way

Old 08-25-2001, 02:09 PM   #14
havok1891
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I went with:

Chris Majere: He is a ranger, I wish I picked him to be a fighter. But I am too lazy to change it all. He uses two longswords. Currently he has a +3 of some sort and the Equalizer. He also has many more items, but those are the main ones I like.

Selena Kyle: Thief that dual classed to a mage. She has a slew of items. But I keep her with the Gesen bow and sometimes have her use two short swords, the one with constant free action and one that is a +4. She is nice cause she has all the thief skills I really use at max points, like find and remove traps and pick locks. She also has the weapon proficiencies from being a thief that she wouldn't normally have as a mage. For example, two-weapons style, shortbow, short sword, etc. She was a Swashbuckler thief also so she has some other benefits.

Heather Darkshadow: She is a cavalier paladin. She has the holy avenenger and the sword of vorpal. I use the vorpal more, but am training another character with the two handed sword so they can each use one. I kind of wish I made this a normal paladin, because it does suck without ranged attacks. But the two-handed swords are so cool I doubt I'd use them anyway.

Kaitin Leafblade: I had this character be a thief assassain that dual classed into a fighter. She has some extra weapon proficiencies from her time as a thief, like crossbow and such. Plus I did the opposite of what I did with my thief/mage. I had her thief points go towrads stealth skills. As a fighter I had her learn two weapons style as best as she could and learn to use the Bastard Sword to the best ability.

Nathan Dayspring: He is my fighter that dual classed to being a Cleric. I made sure that he would only learn weapons cleric's can use so he is the best a fighter can be with a war hammer, he has the one that gives you a STR 25. He also has 3/5 or so slots in the flail, for the flail of ages. He currently wears the red dragon armor, shield, and helmet so he is pretty much immune to fire attacks.

My last character is kind of what I intended for my main character. He is a fighter that knows how to use two weapon style as best as he can. He is also the best with the Scimitars that he can be. I forget his name and that is why I didn't list it.
Old 08-25-2001, 03:26 PM   #15
deathknight
Drow Warrior

IMHO your best bet is to go with more dual classed characters. fighters (berserkers or kensai work good) to other characters. a kensai mage instead of a straight kensai gives you more spell casting options and you don't really lose much in the way of combat ability. a kensai/thief for the neccesary thieving duties and then like a berserker cleric instead of the thief cleric. dual classing totaly rocks compared to multi classing IMHO.
Old 08-25-2001, 03:28 PM   #16
Lestat
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by deathknight:
IMHO your best bet is to go with more dual classed characters. fighters (berserkers or kensai work good) to other characters. a kensai mage instead of a straight kensai gives you more spell casting options and you don't really lose much in the way of combat ability. a kensai/thief for the neccesary thieving duties and then like a berserker cleric instead of the thief cleric. dual classing totaly rocks compared to multi classing IMHO.
Yeah, 4 Berserkers and 2 kensai, kensai dual to thief and mage, one berserker duals to cleric and voila, power team!

Old 08-25-2001, 03:33 PM   #17
deathknight
Drow Warrior

btw I dualed my kensai mage at level 12 and he hit better than my straight fighters like minsc or keldorn until ToB I think. those +1 to hit an damage every 3 levels makes a huge difference. Sure it doesn't compare to a straight kensai but when comparing to normal fighters you will have a mage with a thac0 equal to most everyone else in the party... On top of that you can wear robes if you go with a mage (or backstab abilities as a thief). I think by the time that your thac0 starts to lag behind the class that you dualed to really starts to pay off and you melee less anyhow. THis happened with my kensai/mage. I found once I got to ToB he was so killer as a mage I used his mage abilities in the hard fights and when I wanted to save spells I used his fighting abilities (and then his slightly lower thac0 did not matter as much)
Old 08-25-2001, 03:43 PM   #18
HooC
The Magister

Okay... Team I would use...

Skald as group leader
Decent fighter and Charisma of 18 is pretty natural to him, and takes care of pickpocketing

Half-Orc Barbarian.
Useful humanshield/bodyguard

Priest of Talos
Healing, Lightning, Stormshield etc. very useful if you ask me

Common thief, Halfling most probably.

Gnome illusionist with intelligence 19, but don't try to make female gnome..
Hairy male gnome in pink dress is not one of the sexiest sights there might be. At least that happened in IWD.

And of course you need a good ol' fighter dwarf who takes all the damage for you and interrupts all those nerdie mages trying to do their tricks etc.

So there..

Old 08-25-2001, 04:51 PM   #19
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:

What Happend to 6 Paladins

They ended up in an evil smiting contest to see who would get Carsomyr.
By the end of it, no one was left standing.

------------------
THE PUFF RETURNS!
Old 08-25-2001, 05:04 PM   #20
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
They ended up in an evil smiting contest to see who would get Carsomyr.
By the end of it, no one was left standing.

Somehow i find this quite typical

------------------
The Rocks show the way