Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-17-2001, 02:49 PM   #1
Tuor
Elminster

I'm just intrigued to know what you lot call your characters-obviously not at the point when they do something daft (that would proably be a bit rude)but their actual 'I'll answer to that' names.

The nice chap who posts under Darken Blackblood got me thinking about this because I've got a Kensai/mage lvl12/lvl 20 in ToB called Darken Blackblade. (freaky huh?)

Old 08-17-2001, 02:54 PM   #2
Terence The Unspecial
Dungeon Master

My barbarian (a woooman) is called Luk Pi, for reasons that I will not detail here.
Old 08-17-2001, 02:55 PM   #3
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuor:
I'm just intrigued to know what you lot call your characters-obviously not at the point when they do something daft (that would proably be a bit rude)but their actual 'I'll answer to that' names.

The nice chap who posts under Darken Blackblood got me thinking about this because I've got a Kensai/mage lvl12/lvl 20 in ToB called Darken Blackblade. (freaky huh?)
Not too sure I understand your question or your comment there. First, what does "daft" means? And what do you mean by, you're not sure what we call our characters?
Old 08-17-2001, 03:14 PM   #4
Tuor
Elminster

Daft-English word for stupid, irritating, idiotic, annoying etc etc

As for what do I mean by 'What do you call your characters?' I mean What are their names.

I thought the clue was in the title of the post so apologies if it's unclear

I hope that helps.......
Old 08-17-2001, 03:56 PM   #5
Sevan Ge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cool post, I've often wondered the same thing about peoples 'names'.

Maybe this is hokey, but I usually style names to sound like either mine or some friend's. So I twist them around a bit then use them.

I am currently playing a half-elf archer - female (I am female) - I named her Dyona (my name is Diane) Swiftbow (scratched my head over what to call an archer... in retrospect it wasn't very imaginative).

Another game that I was playing a male cleric got the name I post with here, after a good friend who goes by his last name Sevigny - his personality seemed to fit the character I had in mind. Although after I did some of the cleric quests I changed my mind on that!

Old 08-17-2001, 05:07 PM   #6
Legolas the Elven Archer

I once had a thief named Malius (after the dark elf from warhammer), but most of my character's names are from The Lord of the Rings. Amongst others, you'll find Elrohir, Eowyn, Imrahil there. Oh, and Legolas of course

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 08-17-2001, 07:15 PM   #7
Nolek Psyphon
Dungeon Master

I have played the game through a couple of times and first time through I used the name Nolek Psyphon for my sorceror character, it was a name I used for my BGI character. For my current attempt I am using a Swashbuckler called El Nenio.
Old 08-17-2001, 07:17 PM   #8
oldbittercraig
Elminster

My best character is a Kensai/Mage - Shaidar Haran - a rip off of WOT, but I love the name.

Also a Paladan, Steel MacKyroth, and a swashbuckler, Dimitri the Dashing (has a nice ring to it... )
Old 08-17-2001, 08:14 PM   #9
LSRVIKING
The Magister

Uh I use my real name Leonard for my characters. Its latin for lionheart so it might fit in sort of in BG2.
Old 08-17-2001, 08:44 PM   #10
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuor:
Daft-English word for stupid, irritating, idiotic, annoying etc etc
As for what do I mean by 'What do you call your characters?' I mean What are their names.
I thought the clue was in the title of the post so apologies if it's unclear

I hope that helps.......[/B]
Yep, that help, sory I was a bit confused about the original worded question. I don't know what I base my names on, my present character is named Samjii, god knows why.