Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-07-2001, 06:22 PM   #1
Strider132
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i would say that haer'dalis is worse because he hasnt got the best abilities of a bard, which is the reason to chose a bard, although he is agood fighter, who needs a good fighter when you have minsc??? (not to mention boo....). Cernd's stats are pretty abismal.... but he makes up for apearing as hard as a hobgoblin by his shapeshifting where his stats rocket to superhuman... so there, haer'dalis sucks... what do ou guys (an gals) think?????

------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,a light from the shadows shall spring;
renewed shall be the blade that was broken,
the crownless shall again be king.
Old 07-07-2001, 07:50 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Hmmm a lot of people like bards because of their good pickpocketing, fighter abilities and mage abilities so basically a very versatile class. While I dont play bards myself a lot of people would disagree, I like Haer dalis because hes quite funny and has a lot of dialouge but he never stays long in the party, 4 years from now when I replay this game (probably) Ill take him through the whole way but other people are more interesting now. I dont like cernd but he is a good druid high wis and all but clerics in bg2 are better so Viconia is obviously a better choice, the other thing is Jaheira reaches level 13 druid he gets to 14 which is sod all more and shes a good fighter and isnt dependant on abilities like Greater werewolf. As a charecter hes dull and I never have him around. To summarise Haer dalis is good, Cernd is not.

------------------
Old 07-07-2001, 10:18 PM   #3
Gustave
The Magister

Haer is far more interesting of a character. Also, I would use the blade over a Druid anyday except may Jaheira(even tho I bash Jaheira a lot, she is a good char.)
Old 07-07-2001, 11:57 PM   #4
Ravana
Dungeon Master

Haer'Dalis gets my vote-though I like him more than Cernd.
Blades Sux0r.
Old 07-08-2001, 04:45 AM   #5
Sigmar
Unicorn

Cernd is CERTAINLY worse. No armour, same abilities as Jahiera, can you say dead man walking. Now Her'Dalis, he is at least useful in some situations, such as distracting your enemy with him using his defensive spin and he does have those two swords.
Old 07-08-2001, 05:07 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Cernd, because he doesn't improve. He's one of the earlier NPCs you get, so earlier in the game his werewolf and greater werewolf forms are actually good compared to Minsc or other tanks earlier in the game. But as everyone levels up his offensive capabilities never actually get better, while the other guys get better weapons, armor, etc. If you had to choose between him and Jahiera, Jahiera has better long term value.

HaerDalis, while also pathetic, is at least improvable (though not by much).

------------------
Old 07-08-2001, 06:25 AM   #7
Strider132
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well, thnks for the feedback, I wouldnt really have either in my party because of their failings, and like i said before, why have haer'dalis (especially cos of the "i wanna bard cos of the lore and he aint got none" feelings about him)even though he is a good fighter for a blade, when you can have Minsc (great), Mazzy (great), Keldorn (good), Korgan (would be great if he wasnt evil), Yoshimo when dualled to fighter (good, at least while he's with you), and Anomen (good, but just so annoying...)

------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,a light from the shadows shall spring;
renewed shall be the blade that was broken,
the crownless shall again be king.
Old 07-08-2001, 06:25 AM   #8
Bonnie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Haer'Dalis is far better than Cernd. If I want a druid, I choose Jaheira, fighter/druids are so much better than straigt single classed druids and Shapeshofters are the worst kit in the game, imho.

I always have Haer'Dalis in my party, him and Aerie make a great team and even have a mini romance (while I try to imagine that he is romancing my character instead...), he can pickpocket and cast spells, his only weakness is his low constitution, but take one of those potions of fortitude before a major battle and he is a great tank. I have found Haer'Dalis highly effective against Kangaxx, his abilities to cast spells and fight means that I can actually put Haer'Dalis and Aerie two on one against Kangaxx, no problems.

Cernd's werewolf form isn't that great, he can still be easily killed regardless. Sure he has 18 wisdom but then he dies in a battle, due to his weak stats, then you have to have his spells memorised all over again. I had to give him potions of fortitude, agility and all sorts of others before certain battles. In the end I just chucked him out after his little quest.
Old 07-08-2001, 06:28 AM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Iīm more in Memnys footsteps here.. HaerDalis is a good fighter and can improve with that bladesinger mail sure.. but well he has lousy hitpoints and later on a couple of hits, and that bard isnīt singing no love tunes..

Cernd is well OK, but as Memny stated, he stops in developement after a time and thus becomes less effective and he is kind of booring to isnīt he?

Well Haer has been choosen many times by me cause he is fun to have in the party and his singing is cool and with some harps found in the game.. well he donīt always have to fight head on..

Jaheira is in my HO the coolest gal in the game and well, she can be buffed to tank and also she can throw some pretty good things against enemies so she has always won over Cernd.

A cool thing could be to be 14 lvl druid and than dual class perhaps. Never tried the druid personally as my character but they have some cool things and well.. werewolf shapechange is soooo COOOL!! Hehe.. sorry.

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 07-08-2001, 08:03 AM   #10
Guyan Sethe
Dungeon Master

I have tried them both and iīll never do it again. They could be interesting if you like the role-playing aspect and want odd characters, but they both suck pretty much.

------------------
Might makes right.