Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-20-2001, 03:01 PM   #1
karthan
Welcomed New User

I think there is a bug in my version of BG2. Sometimes all the "tags" at the maps telling where different places are vanishes totally. This can be fixed by going back to a game saved before this happened. (This is in some cases _really_ annoying). I have upgraded to the latest patch, but that doesnt help. I cannot see what triggers this bug. Is this a known issue? (I have not found anything on the net). Does the developers has any kind of bugreportingsystem? Anyone know some workarounds?

------------------
--
Karthan
Old 07-20-2001, 03:06 PM   #2
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by karthan:
I think there is a bug in my version of BG2. Sometimes all the "tags" at the maps telling where different places are vanishes totally.
You mean on the main map? The key location markers?

This is a shot in the dark, but you do know that a specific key removes them and puts them back, right? I'm not sure which one it is, but I've done that to myself once and was befuddled until I pressed the same key again and fixed it.
Old 07-20-2001, 03:51 PM   #3
karthan
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the help, but i am not able to find this key (i went crazy on my keyboard and pushed every key that is pushable

I am not able to add my own mapnotes either...
Old 07-20-2001, 03:56 PM   #4
Malavon
Dungeon Master

Cant u click on one of the top corner buttons (on the map screen, on the left and right side) to disable/enable message tags?

BTW welcome to the boards karthan!

Malavon

------------------
"Rampah dance! Dance, Rampah, dance! Dance in the flesh! HuuuuluckaluckakuckaLAYYY!"
-Rampah, Bum in Bridge District
Old 07-20-2001, 04:11 PM   #5
trux

hey Karthan, welcome to the board!

I've done this before and felt like a fool when I finally figured out that you can click on the buttons on the top of your map screen to make them reappear.

This happened to me before I found this lovely board where someone could have answered my question, and I e-mailed tech support who promptly informed me that I was dimwitted.

------------------
--
trux
Old 07-20-2001, 07:41 PM   #6
karthan
Welcomed New User

Haha!

Often the solution is so simple! I really thought this was a weird and rare bug. But thanks to you i am again ready for some heavy BG'ing

Btw, thanks for welcoming me. Its so nice with boards where people are so helpsome Ok, enough talk, too little action. Amn, I am on my way.