Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2001, 01:51 PM   #1
Archaon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

MINOR SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Does anybody agree that it would be cool if you could take the magic stones and encrust them into armor or weapons?. kind of like Diablo 2. I just think its stupid that you were a "stone" for a helmet. maybe there should be more "lower class" blacksmiths than cromwell who can forge these items into a weapon. I.E if you have an ioun stone that lets you regenerate then you could forge it with a regualt helmet and have a helm of regeneration?.

what do you think

------------------
Master Of Sorcery... Slave To Darkness
Old 03-11-2001, 02:15 PM   #2
slackerboyfx
Dungeon Master

cool but , they couldnt implement it in this game. it would have to be on later editions.

------------------
Old 03-11-2001, 03:19 PM   #3
MORDRICK THE MAD
The Magister

I agree, something that I've always wondered is if you give one to a character who can wear a helmet does it protect them from critical hits?.
Old 03-11-2001, 03:51 PM   #4
Artemis
Dungeon Master

Hey, I have a question about the Ioun Stone...when you wear it as a helmet (how dopey is that?) does it avert critical hits like a regular helmet? I just acquired my first one and have been hesitant to use if for that reason. Thanks for the clarification guys!
Old 03-11-2001, 04:33 PM   #5
Dog of War
The Magister

Nope, it doesn't protect against critical hits. I lodged the stone into myskull, liek the end of Diablo 1... HE HE