Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Old 06-12-2006, 01:36 AM   #11
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

But IIRC you can't take Improved two weapon fighting using the rangers dual weild feat as a pre-requsite. So if you want both you either need 9 ranger levels or just take the feats as monk or fighter levels.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:38 AM   #12
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I believe you are correct. Now I haven't built a ranger in a while, but do you suppose they get even better bonuses if they take ambidexterity/two weapon fighting along side the dual wield? I'm not sure if that's even possible.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 06:45 AM   #13
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
I believe you are correct. Now I haven't built a ranger in a while, but do you suppose they get even better bonuses if they take ambidexterity/two weapon fighting along side the dual wield? I'm not sure if that's even possible.
No, they get all of the benefits of these feats and don't have to spend their feats to aquire them. Having these feats is essentially wasted. Bear in mind that Rangers get bonus feats at L1, L5 and L10, so its probably more sensible to take 10 Ranger levels than 9.

A L10 Ranger gets the equivalent of 6 bonus feats (when we include the two weapon fighting and Ambidexterity skills), which means better value compared to a fighter.

I would probably take 10 Ranger levels to start, a maximum of 4 pre-epic monk levels (only dropping 1 AB, alternately, you could go for max AB and not take any), then either Champion of Torm or Weapon Master levels to round off the build.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:07 AM   #14
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Now, I'll have to experiment with no monk lvls, but Robert the Ranger; Ranger 9/Monk 6 that I just made in Chewies mod starts at +16 dual wielding kamas, and as a monk I took the Ambidexterity/Two Weapon Fighting feats. They were not available to the Ranger, of course. Were I to continue this build, I'd probably take 10 lvls of monk, 23 lvls of Ranger, and 7 lvls of Weapon Master. Barring that, I might stop the Ranger levels after he stops getting Ranger spells, and finish out with Weapon Master. Stealth capability is good, where it works, anyway.

Edit: I should note that this is with only stock gear, and basic non magical kamas. I did take Weapon Finesse as well.

[ 06-12-2006, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: robertthebard ]
Old 06-12-2006, 07:52 AM   #15
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

After further investigation, once you have improved two weapon fighting as a ranger, taking the required feats to get there as any other class in a multi class environment is wasted. A lvl 16 Ranger, armed with light armor, and dual wielding regular kamas gets a +19, +19, while the same basic build, only with Monk lvls gets a +17/+17 the main difference being Ambidexterity/Two weapon fighting feats. Note, for the purpose of this test, the Ranger was lvl 16, and the dualclass monk was Ranger 9, Monk 7.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:17 AM   #16
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Keep AB maxed until L20. i.e. Choose Fighter/WM/CoT/Ranger levels etc.

At L21 take a monk level and instantly gain 2 extra main hand attacks.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:34 AM   #17
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...8;t=000899;p=2

this is the thread that eventually had Dace here drooling for new stuff...

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...c;f=8;t=000923
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...=000868#000000
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=8;t=000809

here are a few of the (numerous) discourses on dragons. I will try to find the rest of them as well.

[ 06-14-2006, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:34 AM   #18
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
From the always great to hear from T-D-C, we have:

Great to hear Z..... On another Note is there a way we can make those flying dragons immune to melee weapons until say half their heath... then they turn into a normal ancient black dragon who can be hit with melee weapons.

Also another idea is makig all those dragon clerics heal their companions as well.

Just to make that area more difficult
Now, while I was taking screen shots of the flying dragons this time around, I had the good fortune to run into T-D-C as he was online. His proposal about the dragons has descent merit, but I figure if the dragons kept their current hitpoints as they are now, it would be a little more realistic. The (flying) dragons after being defeating normally sink to the floor and disappear. Perhaps what could be done is as they are disappearing, the regular (ground) dragon would fade into view (or just drop in from the ceiling as the flying dragon was fading) and commence attacking with all its might. Then the first (flying) dragon would not have to drop anything along the lines of treasure, because it had not been truly defeated yet. The XP on the flying dragon form and the regular dragon form should be the same, but as for how much - that is another topic altogether.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:17 PM   #19
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

http://mwtools.thyle.net/d_list.html

A very interesting list created by some enterprising players about dragons. Lots of dragons.