Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Final Fantasy X questions

Playing FFX again after a long long time. Just got Rikku's Godhand fully powered up. For Gillionaire to take effect, does she have to just be wearing the weapon, actively in the party at the end of battle, or strike the final killing blow? Anyone? Also shaved my chocobo racing record down to 9 seconds. Any tips on making it to below 0?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Default Re: Final Fantasy X questions

Also, I'm having trouble accessing Anima's chamber. The front left crystal won't light up. Do I have to go and talk to EVERY fayth a second time including Yojimbo?

Found it, have to go back to Zanarkand. Completely forgot about that.

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 03-19-2011 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion

For the Chocobo race, you have to get a huge number of balloons to get down to zero, and get hit by almost no birds.

Focus on grabbing as many balloons as possible, and you also need a healthy dose of luck that the balloons are placed well for you (as the placement varies from race to race).

--There are some youtube vids of 0.0s Chocobo races where you can see how many balloons they ended up with to win. Generally, you're going to need 13 more balloons than birds (shaves 39s off time). It's possible to do it with 12 balloons, but then you need to finish in 36.0s or less.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Managed to acheive 0:0.0 in the chocobo race. Now I'm working on the butterfly game and dodging lightning. Both of which I'm finding more difficult than the race. I've gotten just shy of 50 in lightning dodging, so that's about where I start to lose my concentration. And with the butterfly game, there's one corner in the first section where a seemingly impassible bunch of reds are clustered. And the timing is such that hitting even one battle means you'll have to start over.

I might also add, that it was absolutely evil of them to put the last blue butterfly mere pixels away from the exit for that section. I finally succeeded in nabbing all the blues and avoiding all the reds, only to exit into the next area. *sigh*

***UPDATE***
The butterflies have been cleared, it took some working and a map from online, but I pulled it off. Now I just have to dodge lightning and win lots and lots of blitzball.

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 03-22-2011 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
Olorin

At least with blitzball you make progress steadily. With the butterflies/lightning/chocobo you have to keep trying until you get it in one go.

For the lightning, playing in a darkened room helps (as does using the pause function to take a break when needed).
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Old 03-23-2011, 05:57 PM   #6
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Yeah, any suggestions on team members? right now I have Nedus, Datto, Tidus (of course), Linna, Kyou, Yuma Guado, Wakka and Vilucha.

Right now Nedus, Tidus, Linna and Kyou are my core force. Kyou sporting a 20 At rating and phenomenal passing skills has the MF position. If the other team gets the ball first Kyou can take it back easily. Also has an impressive catch skill at 15, but Yuma is about 9 levels lower with a 12, so I see him passing Kyou before long. And Tidus has a base SH stat of 20, at the Jecht Shot, or Sphere shot and he'll put the ball in almost all the time.

As for the lightning, I've been using the pause trick. Still lose my focus on occasion though. I just need to find a location with a frequency that I'm comfortable with. I know just north of the agency is a fairly high freq. zone. It might be better to work there. Smaller gaps between strikes means less chance for distraction and loss of focus.

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 03-24-2011 at 01:04 AM. Reason: found the solution to a question so I deleted it.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:52 PM   #7
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Ok, update time...
For the lightning game, I've gotten as high as 163, so it's all about maintaining concentration and patience at this point. I always take a break after taking a hit though, since it pretty much obliterates what's left of my focus.

On the blitzball side, reset player stats so I could pick up the team I wanted before the other teams snagged them up. Starting from scratch is a little tricky, especially when you've got the psyches goalie with an outrageous catch stat of 19, at level 6-ish. I've either gotta nap him or wither him (and hope wither hits the desired stat).
But that aside it's going better than my initial start up. Though I have lost a few tornament games to acquire a desired skill. Again, patience and focus, mostly patience on this one though. Status reels is lined up for my league prize this time. I think after that there's one more set of reels then the sigil.

After that it's all catching monsters, loading up on mad cash via gillionaire, and then creating my ideal armors, via, stealing, bribing, etc.

Almost forgot, many thanks to Olorin for all the help and info.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #8
Olorin

One of the tricks you can use for blitzball is to play exhibition games to go after skills. That way, you don't care about the game, and just keep setting up the situation where the skill might be used (take someone weak and constantly let them lose the ball to a target with desired pass or shot skill, or keep putting yourself up against the player with the tackle skill you want).

--The Two Towers
Old 04-01-2011, 01:01 PM   #9
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Well, the strategic loss strategy is most effective for skills like elite guard, volleyshot and others that almost never trigger ingame. And I only do it for key skills. But the deliberate targeting of opponents with tackles that I want, that's easy with players like Miyu and Kyou at my disposal. They have insane En stats once you start leveling them a little.