Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-16-2004, 03:05 PM   #1
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Stackman seated himself while B brought him his mana max potion. ”Oh yes, I have been busy this morning” , he said, ”Duke Brinsly has been so kind as to confer upon me a few titles as you heard”. ”As should it be, of course – it is a privilege bestowed upon all Ironworks members”. The adventurers stared at him as he mentioned the Ironworks. ”And since you are the toast of Ironworks at the moment” , he continued, ”I thought this would be suitable”. As he said that he produced seven brown official envelopes and presented the adventurers with one each. They all eagerly opened their envelopes.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:05 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The Barbarian, impatient as usual, was the first to open his envelope. ”What’s this? Chief Overseer of the Serranian Guards?” He looked up at Stackman quizzically.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:06 PM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

“Someone needs to get them in shape so no other vampires can come in and hold a town captive for six hundred years,” said Stackman with a smile. “You apparently have the right... attitude...”
Old 04-16-2004, 03:07 PM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The assassin slit his open with a sharp dagger concealed in his cloak. “Overseer of the Lands of Valeia,” “ he read. “There is plenty of... opportunity... there. And good companionship as well.”
Old 04-16-2004, 03:08 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The zenmaster, seeing the assassin’s subtle display of skill, passed a slightly bent hand over his envelope, then gave it a shake. A piece of paper remained between his fingertips as two halves of the envelope fluttered to the floor. “Keeper of the fourteenth koan,” he read. “Let’s see... the sound of one hand clapping, the tree falling in the wilderness... I may need to do some thinking on this one.” He bowed deeply toward Stackman, a sign of great respect.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:09 PM   #6
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The warlock huffed. “Well, if we’re all showing off...” She mumbled and gestured, and a small flame leapt from her fingertips and danced around the edges of the envelope before soaring into the fireplace. “Hmmm... Head Scholar at the Brimloch Roon Archives! I’ve been wanting to track down just what happened over the last 900 years of Kerah’s subtle domination! I think I shall have the time now!”
Old 04-16-2004, 03:10 PM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The bard and the valkyrie sat silent. After several moments, the barbarian prodded. “Well, go on! Open it! Let’s see what you’ll be made of...”
Old 04-16-2004, 03:11 PM   #8
bsftcs
Red Dragon

The valkyrie looked at the barbarian. “Things of this world hold little appeal to me, with the challenged souls in the other. Celebrating what has happened here, with all those who have passed on along the way, seems... petty.”
Old 04-16-2004, 03:12 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Missy Hissy looked over at her. “Perhaps. Did you not release those of the other world in your travels?”
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 03:15 PM   #10
bsftcs
Red Dragon

“Yes, but...” replied the Valkyrie.