Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-30-2002, 10:11 AM   #231
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:

As for Germany being boring, can you honestly say that they are an exiting team? They played alright today, taking chances and so on but usually USS all they do is pass the ball around to each over, waddle around on their side of the pitch and then they will make a break for the other goal. Seriously I'm not saying it because I don't like them it's just they are so bloody boring to watch when compared to other teams.
No...but it's not their strength to be exciting and have a lot of flair and creativity. They're good at being defensive and attacking with crosses, which play to their strengths. They only started trying to be creative when they had to chase the game but didn't have the creative talent to create chances through buildup.

Old 06-30-2002, 10:15 AM   #232
Sigmar
Unicorn

So sayeth Memnoch, the lord of footy reasoning [img]smile.gif[/img] (My post were no where near as detailed and well explained as yours) Good points you mentioned, but I still think it wouldn't hurt for the team to brighten up a bit.

[ 06-30-2002, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Old 06-30-2002, 10:29 AM   #233
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I can't believe it, they're doing it again. They're bragging about being "viceweltmeister". HELLOOOOO, wake up Germany, you just got your ass kicked, you lost !!!! This is not the time to brag. [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2002, 03:11 PM   #234
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I can't believe it, they're doing it again. They're bragging about being "viceweltmeister". HELLOOOOO, wake up Germany, you just got your ass kicked, you lost !!!! This is not the time to brag. [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img]
Success is a relative term. Some teams, such as Germany, Turkey, South Korea, USA, Senegal, Japan, Ireland and even England have performed far better than was expected of them. They can celebrate a 'successful' World Cup. Others such as France, Argentina and Italy have had a disastrous World Cup.

Germany were an average team which performed to the limit of their ability. You can ask no more of your national team.

We still beat them 5-1 BTW
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 07-01-2002, 06:54 PM   #235
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
Germany would have won big time if Ballack would have been there.
oh, and Germany totally had control over the game before half-time.
You can't say that uss.

Besides, if he hadn't got his yellow card, he might not have been psyched enough to score the goal that got them there. There are never any certainties. Woulda shoulda coulda. Germany were well and truly beaten by the better team.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 07-01-2002, 09:58 PM   #236
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

They say a picture is worth a thousand words - here's one of Kahn slumped dejectedly against the goal post after the final whistle. You can almost feel his despair. And I think it pretty well sums up the German team's feelings too.

His error led to Brazil's first goal when he couldn't hold on to Rivaldo's attempt, and it was a cinch for Ronaldo to slot in the rebound.

The second goal was made possible by Rivaldo unselfishly dummying the ball and letting Ronaldo have a shot, rather than taking it himself. IMO that caught the German defence by surprise (goalie included) who I think were expecting him (Rivaldo) to have a go.

A great & entertaining game. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 07-01-2002, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Hayashi ]