Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-25-2001, 08:39 AM   #31
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
GOT ANY ANIMALS?
A budgerigar called Spartacus

What is a "budgerigar"?

(I'm much too lazy to get out the encyclopedia or search the web to find out)

------------------

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
(Skald, dragon trainer, & member of The Laughing Hyenas)
Old 03-25-2001, 09:00 AM   #32
Moiraine
Anubis

I must say I am wondering about some old members who at the same time fret when the Board is unavailable for a day, and say that they may not intend to stick around ...

LadyWendy ? LadyRae ? Leonis ? Yorick ?

------------------
Old 03-25-2001, 09:17 AM   #33
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:
What is a "budgerigar"?
(I'm much too lazy to get out the encyclopedia or search the web to find out)
Bilqis, I searched in my French/English dictionary (always curious about new words, especially funny-sounding ones ! ), and I found it. In French, it is a "perruche" - a small bird who screaks a lot.

------------------
Old 03-25-2001, 09:31 AM   #34
Charlie
Lord Ao

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A BOARD MEMBER? - ?

WHAT'S YOUR REAL FIRST NAME? - Algenon Harriet

GOT ANY ANIMALS? - Dog, cat, kitten and fleas.

APARTMENT, HOUSE, HIGHRISE OR TOWNHOUSE? - Wherever I lay my hat.

ARE YOU RELIGIOUS? - Not really but I do believe in a Supreme Being.

BALL POINTS OR FELT TIPS? - Bp

WHY DO YOU PLAY RPGS? - Pass time

WHAT CAR/TRUCK DO YOU DRIVE? - Anything in my possesion at the time.

DO YOU CLICK ON ZIROC'S SPONSOR'S ADS? - Nope

WHAT KIND OF WORK DO YOU DO (OCCUPATION)? Part time Astronaut. Donut hole poker.

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF MUSIC (COUNTRY, ROCK, POP, BLUES, CLASSICAL, ETC.)- ?

HOW MANY BROTHERS AND SISTERS? - 2

WHICH IS BETTER, MOUNTAINS OR BEACHES? - ?

IF YOU WENT ON "SURVIVOR," WHAT LUXURY ITEM WOULD YOU CHOOSE? - A woman.

CHIPS OR DORITOS? - Crisps, if we're talking about the same thing.

WHAT WAS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE (DREAMING KIND)? - Woke up next to it.

WHAT DO YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS THINK OF YOU SPENDING TIME ON THIS BOARD? - pass

WHAT'S YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE GAMES OF THE PAST 2 YEARS? - BG 1 & 2 + IWD

DEATH PENALTY OR NOT? - Too difficult. Refer to Tolkien where he says " There are many people that are alive that deserve death. There are many people that are dead that deserve life....but can you give it to them...NO. Therefore be not too swift to deal out death in judgement, for even the very wise cannot see all ends". Or words to that effect....my thoughts exactly.

ARE YOU PLANNING ON STICKING AROUND ON THIS BOARD? - Maybe.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 03-25-2001, 10:03 AM   #35
Charean
Hathor

Oh, what fun... this is why I am on survey groups as well!!!

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A BOARD MEMBER?
Lurked for a couple months on the old board, became a member the end of January, and came to the new board...

WHAT'S YOUR REAL FIRST NAME?
Jo

GOT ANY ANIMALS?
How silly, My cat has me!! She OWNS me... I live to serve.

APARTMENT, HOUSE, HIGHRISE OR TOWNHOUSE?
House with personal forest... with lots of critters

ARE YOU RELIGIOUS?
Way Spiritual, think all Religions are cute. Have an Esoteric view on the Universe in general. Closest thing would be Shamanism...

BALL POINTS OR FELT TIPS?
Ball points... or calligraphy pens...

WHY DO YOU PLAY RPGS?
Why does the earth revolve around the sun? Because it is there. Seriously, I enjoy the challenge of solving puzzles and following a grand adventure!

WHAT CAR/TRUCK DO YOU DRIVE?
I live in a 1997 Isuzu Rodeo over 115,000 miles... one would get the impression I like to drive or something...

DO YOU CLICK ON ZIROC'S SPONSOR'S ADS?
I will now! (not that I ever really noticed any!!)

WHAT KIND OF WORK DO YOU DO (OCCUPATION)?
Ah, this may take a bit... I am officially retired (at 37!) and a housewife - but also quite a Renaissance woman - I do many things for many people (among the list is working on puters - mainly hardware, home repair, painting, chauffeur, financial whiz, and girl Friday.)

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF MUSIC (COUNTRY, ROCK, POP, BLUES, CLASSICAL, ETC.)?
What I buy is Heavy Metal and Classical - but I listen to almost anything..

HOW MANY BROTHERS AND SISTERS?
One brother, younger

WHICH IS BETTER, MOUNTAINS OR BEACHES?
MOUNTAINS!!!! One of my dreams is to live in the Rockies!

IF YOU WENT ON "SURVIVOR," WHAT LUXURY ITEM WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
This may sound really weird, but a toothbrush... I am vain about my teeth!!!

CHIPS OR DORITOS?
UTZ makes Chesapeake Bay seasoned chips that taste like crabs... after all, I am in Maryland - crab central!

WHAT WAS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE (DREAMING KIND)?
Oddly enough, my nightmares were never as bad as real life in my younger years... but I am ALL BETTER NOW - heh

WHAT DO YOUR FAMILY/FRIENDS THINK OF YOU SPENDING TIME ON THIS BOARD?
Hubby barely notices... he is usually in the basement playing MechWarrior4 online with his group!!

WHAT'S YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE GAMES OF THE PAST 2 YEARS?
Diablo 2, BG2, and Icewind Dale when I can find someone to play with!

DEATH PENALTY OR NOT?
A sticky one for me...I could not in good conscience take a life - even defending my own... I couldn't expect someone else to do it.

ARE YOU PLANNING ON STICKING AROUND ON THIS BOARD?
Sure, as long as there is someone to post to!!

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Joke of the Laughing Hyenas
Aquisition master of the Finest of Humours - and the Killer Joke
Muse and Eternal Love of KDogRex
Old 03-25-2001, 10:26 AM   #36
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Moiraine, I was being cynical about my life, not giving an indication of my longevity on the board... thilly thausage!

------------------
Where were Hamlet and Horatio when I needed them?!

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 03-25-2001, 11:54 AM   #37
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

TOBBIN! Good to see you mate!!! How is everything??!!

------------------
Where were Hamlet and Horatio when I needed them?!

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 03-25-2001, 12:59 PM   #38
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A BOARD MEMBER? started lurking in mid-november, registered on December 17th 2000

WHAT'S YOUR REAL FIRST NAME? Guido Marius. Btw, Epona, Laura is one of my favourite names, I forgot to add it on the thread asking which names we would like to give to our future children.

GOT ANY ANIMALS?I have to second Charean:
you don't own cats, they own you. I once read a hilarious crime novel in which cats were the protagonists. They referred to their human "proprietors" as "can-openers". For years I would address my holiday postcards to my father and his wife to their three cats and close them by "please, give my kindest regards to your can-openers" ... No, I love cats, but I am not owned by any as of yet. The reason is directly related to the answer to the next question

shared flat on the third floor of a four-storey apartment building from the twenties

ARE YOU RELIGIOUS?
non-believer

for writing or drawing ? For writing bps

WHY DO YOU PLAY RPGS?
Escapism

I have never owned one, have a licence, but hardly ever drive as it scares me ... Traffic in Europe in soo much more hectic and drivers more aggressive than in the States

No. Probably should, though.

university student, jobbing around, last one was in an insurance company updating the manuals for their computer programs

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF MUSIC (COUNTRY, ROCK, POP, BLUES, CLASSICAL, ETC.)?
hard rock, soul, chansons (Jacques Brel, Serge Gainsbourg)

only child. I would have loved to have sisters !

mountains. But the landscapes I love most are the hilly areas in front of major mountain ranges like the Alpes or the Pyrenees with their intriguing blend of mountains, hills, small plains, valleys, picturesques villages and towns, woods and cultivated lands, rivers and lakes ... I love diversity

I don't know the show, but I suspect it is one of the many spin-offs of the silly formate that was developed in the Netherlands under the name of "Big Brother",
then put on in Germany to test its "big market" potential where it aroused a heated debate whether it was ethically acceptable,which, of course, only assured it becoming a huge success: in it a group of allegedly ordinary people - I have never found it more appropiate that the literal German translation of ordinary means vulgar - is caged in a house or on an island where they are watched by cameras 24 hours a day and the viewers have to vote once a week or so on which of them is freed, err, has to leave until only one is left who is then declared winner, gets a monetary reward and to appear in all talk shows and to record a ridiculous single which will stay atop the charts forever, as well as tons of wedding propositions and worse by pitiable idiots of either gender. (Note: in the German case not only the winner got to record his own single, but almost every single "inmate" of the first season. For months the top of the charts was clogged by no less than five different of these "works of art". Now, think how hard a true artist like Yorick has to work to make a living on this music. Btw, one participant managed to prolong his "fifteen minutes of fame" by impregnating a slut, err, starlet and selfproclaimed actress whose own claim to fame up to then had been based on being the long-time girlfriend of a famous actor.) Am I right ? If I am I'd rather commit suicide than participating !

CHIPS OR DORITOS?
Chips/crisps: I dislike everything "TexMex"

Appearing on Big Brother/Survivor.

they are refraining from commenting.

BGI, BGII, CaesarIII

DEATH PENALTY OR NOT?
Did you have to ask, LW ? Like most Europeans I am most passionately opposed to the death penalty. 1. Courtesy of Epona: Two wrong things don't make one right. 2. Every close scrutiny reveals that the influence that the social and racial background of the defendant has on whether he/she receives the death penalty or "just" a term in jail is frighteningly high.
3. The state must never ever use violence above the absolute minimum necessary. If it does it delegitimates its monopoly on the use of force which in turn may well be the most essential factor that seperates civilization fom barbarism - there are still many countries that prove that point just too well. For that reason, the notion of revenge - a completely understandable and justified emotion in humans that have been victimized - may never play any role in an action of the state.

(LW, why do I think that is the one question that really interests you ? ) ... Time will tell: two weeks ago I was sure I wanted to stay, but also that the board would go back to mostly on-topic discussions
on BGII/NWN soon, one week ago I was almost certain that I did not want to return at all, now my attitude is wait and see ... But I am sure that I don't want to allow myself to go back to be as emotionally attached as I was two weeks ago.

------------------
So long !

R³ - Co-president(s) of the Club of Broken Hearts

[This message has been edited by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon (edited 03-25-2001).]
Old 03-25-2001, 01:03 PM   #39
Melusine
Dracolisk

Before filling this in, I must say that there are some questions here that I would not be able to answer even if given half an hour of discussion time. So I will try to summarise my viewpoint on those matters, but ultimately, I always keep discussing about my opinion and I will always make exceptions from it.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A BOARD MEMBER?

Since October last year, lurking since August or September

WHAT'S YOUR REAL FIRST NAME?

Sarah

GOT ANY ANIMALS?

Yes, a really cute grey rabbit

Apartment, very small but cosy

ARE YOU RELIGIOUS?

I wasn't raised religiously and I think it is preposterous to assume that you, as a tiny human (or even you AND your 1,000,000 fellow believers), could ever have any reason to *know* that your belief is the right one. However, this also means that for me, no religion is ever false, because you simply can't prove that. Two points though, the good side of religion to me is the enormous strength and consolation that it can give people, while the downside is the monstrosities that have been committed in its name, and the fact that it will always attract abusers of power. So I'm probably in favour of individual religious feeling, and against mass fanatisism. Personally, I'm keeping my options open, and I am SO curious what will happen after you die! (not that I'm planning to find out anytime soon...)

ball points, felt tips, pencils, crayons, calligraphy pens, quill and ink, paintbrush, anything that I can use for calligraphy is fine! Though I currently use a lot of gel pens and fineliners.

WHY DO YOU PLAY RPGS?

I like the often wonderful storylines, the imagination that is used to create whole worlds; the saem reason I like fairytales and mythological stories.

I don't have a driver's license (yet?)

Occasionally

I study English literature and work parttime in a clothes' store (H&M). Not sure if I will resume my studies anytime soon but I sure intend to.

Classical music, rock/pop, and everything that is released by a record company from Sweden called Cold Meat Industry.

A sister, three and a half years younger than I

When the weather is bad, mountains/rocks/hills (preferably Scots or Irish)
When the weather is good, beaches (preferably Dutch or Greek)

A laptop with internet connection...

CHIPS OR DORITOS?

Chips

I have occasional spells of violent and scary dreams, usually involving creatures or people trying to kill me or following me, though the worst kind of nightmare is when I dream that someone I love dies or abandons me.

My boyfriend is glad that I have found a nice thing to do when I'm tired, although sometimes he is afraid that I will meet a nicer guy than he is (which is impossible! )

I'm kind of a newbie but I love BG1 and 2 and PLanescape Torment. Planning on buyng IWD too.

DEATH PENALTY OR NOT?

Well, I agree with some of you that it simply is inexusable to take someone's life, no matter what they did. Also a good point is the risk of condemning an innocent (but I don't know if that's worse than innocent people who are put in jail for the rest of their lives). I think the situation is different in each country and therefore deserves a different approach everywhere, but genrally speaking, I think that murderers rapists etc should be punished very severely with a prison sentence. I also detest people who drink and drive, for all I care, they shoulc be given very severe punishments

Yes, of course, although I'm not sure how it will work out in practise, as it is very tiring and painful to type and keep up with everything. But of course I will keep on popping in every few days.

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-25-2001, 01:28 PM   #40
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

hello, Ladyzekke, my question is:

how are you?