Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-18-2001, 03:01 AM   #1
Gammit
Elminster

Spoiler...

I went to the Bridge District and to the FF Inn, and met the two defecting Shadow thieves and their contact. I killed two of them, but one ran off the screen and disappeared, never to be seen again. I also saved a Shadow Thief from vampires in the Bridge Dst and night, and killed a vampire (female) and a charmed Shadow Thief at night in the Docks district. I then went back to the head Shadow Thief in the Docks District, and I tried to talk to him to complete the second quest. But the only option for me to "say" back to him was that I "hadn't learned anything yet." I even tried to complete as much of bodhi's lair as I could and come back, but this didn't even help... What do I do?????????

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: Gammit ]

Old 11-18-2001, 04:22 AM   #2
Sigmar
Unicorn

When you kill the contact or one of the traitors (I dont remember who) he should drop a note, telling you about Bohdi's lair take this with you when you go and see the head shadow theif and you should get another option.
Old 11-18-2001, 06:45 AM   #3
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Yeah, you've got to physically pick up the "Contacts Note" and carry it to Aran, then you're golden.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-18-2001, 11:52 AM   #4
Gammit
Elminster

Argh!!! I could've sworn I had the note on me!!! I'll check.
Old 11-18-2001, 08:48 PM   #5
Gammit
Elminster

Argh! I have the contact's note on me. I've tried everything, but the main Shadow Thief will only let me respond with "I've learned nothing." I tried having each member of my party talk to him, reading the note over, etc...
Old 11-18-2001, 10:06 PM   #6
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Try going outside of the Inn where the contact went. Sometimes I've found some bad guys that ran away in different places. Check around the outside of the inn. The quest might not be able to advance until you finish him off.

If not, hopefully you have a recent save you can go to. (Don't let him get away this time.)

[img]graemlins/dancing.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/dancing.gif[/img]