Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-03-2001, 06:34 PM   #11
Rikard

If you need help on item discibtions or something else
feel free to mail me about it
Email = chaokang@runbox.com
When you are finished, mind sending a copy to me?
i like to have all the weapons on one list

------------------

The Last Of the Red Fluffies

Old 07-03-2001, 08:46 PM   #12
joetbd
Manshoon

To see the items, all we need is "Near Infinity" or "Infinity Explorer". As for the locations, just open Dan Simpsons Walkthrough, in a text editor, and use the "find" feature of that text editor (like MS Word, or Wordpad). His walkthrough is quite extensive (about 400 pages), and he includes tons and tons of item locations. Including where quest Items are found, and what to do with them, and where the forger is.
Old 07-03-2001, 08:48 PM   #13
joetbd
Manshoon

All contributions are good, and welcome.
Old 07-03-2001, 08:54 PM   #14
skier9205
Manshoon

If you want a little more help writing your guide http://www.gamebanshee.com has a pretty detailed list of ALL the items their locations and has the in-game screenshot descriptions of the items. I don't think they give you the cost. If you can improve on that go for it!
Old 07-04-2001, 04:39 PM   #15
Drawde1
The Magister

I am using Infinity Explorer to compile the guide, to find out items I've missed and the exact stats - cost, lore etc - for the items. Infinity Explorer is an invaluable utility, I've had it since I bought BG1 last year.
The descriptions are my own, not copied from BG2, I've listed how useful the items is, useful strategies with it, other items that are useful combined with it, etc.
I don't intend to put quest items that can't be used for anything else, like keys, in the guide, just usable magical items. The guide is going to be more of a strategy guide combined with a list of locations and stats for the items.
However for items that need assembling I've listed the components you need, where you get it assembled, and how much gold it costs.

So far I've done most jewellery, all weapons except blunt and ranged, and all clothing except for boots and gauntlets.

As I said, I might make a BG1 and P:T guide in the future. Not IWD though as the random treasure and large number of "generic" magic items make a guide less useful and interesting.
Old 07-04-2001, 05:29 PM   #16
Eddith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know that I'd appreciate a guide like that.. would prove very useful indeed. Keep us informed of when you have this ready.

Eddith