Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-01-2000, 05:33 PM   #1
izzy

I received a quest from renal bloodscalp of the theives guild to find proof of treachery on this ma'vear guy. I went to see him, stole the amulet from the priestess, and returned it to him. He then sent me to Edwin upstairs. Now Edwin wants me to go kill someone. I saved the game here, and then went and did his quest. My party was not to happy about it... plus.. after i complete, ma'vear now wants me to kill ANOTHER guy..
I played this scenario a few other ways, killing edwin and taking his key that opens the drawer/safe thing that has the proof in it, and even returned the proof to renal bloodscalp, who then wants me to go back and kill ma'vare. So what's the best course of actuion here. I need to keep my reputation pretty much where it is... level 13. I have Viciona and Aerie in my party, and can't go too far either way. Can anyone give me a quick walkthrough of this quest and subquests, with the consequences in the end?

- Izzy Level 14 Swashbuckler

Old 11-01-2000, 05:37 PM   #2
Armisael

Kill the cowled wizard and snap the merchant's neck.

Old 11-02-2000, 01:45 AM   #3
Rikard

RED wizard he is
but thy don't have to kill them
that guy in the inn will give you his dagger for his life and edwin will give you a key to mea'vars room to proof his treachery and maybe join (depends on you)
The only one i killed in the quest was mae'var and his lackies

Old 11-02-2000, 03:43 AM   #4
Armisael

No, peon. I speak of the cowled wizard - the one after Edwin's blood.

Old 11-02-2000, 08:07 AM   #5
Larr2

I killed the cowled wizard, and received no penalty, because he went on the hostile first, and I defended myself...( I like that sorta gaming...I am snooping about his room, he tells me to get out, I don't... he gets mad, he gets dead, I am a hero...hehehe)

Old 11-09-2000, 11:15 PM   #6
Bewildered

But wat about ole Yoshi's worries about angering the cowled wizards?

Old 11-09-2000, 11:24 PM   #7
Armisael

The cowled wizards aren't as mighty as they make out to be. At any rate, if you really don't want to go on all of Edwin's 'kill people' quests, and you don't mind not having Ed in your party, just slit his throat, take his key, and go open the strongbox yourself. Sure saves a lot of time, even if you do miss out on the best mage NPC in the game. I only do it if I have another decent mage in the party (a self-made one, or the one my friend plays).