Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-04-2000, 07:54 AM   #1
Merlin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Amazoni mantraps kill me by the spell and I don't know how can I defend my party before The death.
thank's for every answer
Old 11-04-2000, 08:30 AM   #2
Silversword

Try reading through the board!!!! This question has been answered 50 times.

Old 11-04-2000, 09:23 AM   #3
Musashi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Keep your distance and use Burning Haze, worked for me ...

Musashi
Old 11-04-2000, 01:30 PM   #4
Loremaster

Cast spells at them when they are in your range but they aren't in yours. That way one spellcaster can fire off several spells in one go, but you need to back off every so often as they start moving towards you.

Old 11-05-2000, 03:16 PM   #5
RavenW

Well here's how I (somehow) managed it. I ran into them while killing some Ratlings, I was expecting the mantraps to show up at some point and to quote Monty Python: "RUN AWAY!! RUN AWAY!!" I ended up running to an area in the forest where there was a small connecting path between two of the larger, wider ones (Not sure exact map location but study it carefully and Im sure you'll find it). Well the Mantraps had followed me but they were on the other side of this narrow path, so they got stuck and couldnt attack from that range. Well I started by using Flamedrop to try to keep them from moving too far to the right or left and started nailing them with Flamestrike, Meteor, and Elemenal Blast. There are four total of the mantraps, and so far no respawn. Well after I nailed the last one, I walked through the path to see if they drop anything when killed. I get through and start looking around and as I'm looking about, out of the mist appears this DRAGON!! (Erathsmedor, though I didnt know that at the time) and well to quote Monty again, "He chickened out. He ran away. Brave, brave Sir Robin!" Meanwhile my girlfriend who was sitting next to me watching all this, nearly fell out of her seat laughing, as I was heard to say "Great now that thats overwith lets see what they... What the heck is tha.... OH HOLY S***!!!!!! A DRAGON!?!?!?!! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!"

Hope this helps!!