Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-11-2000, 12:13 AM   #1
Philip

Yes I have had the exact same thing happen. No more than 3 or 4 times. Also, twice in combat, the game froze. I had to press the reset key. But I still love this game.

Old 10-11-2000, 11:24 AM   #2
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi folks,

I'm really liking this game a lot, but I have been encountering some crash problems. Now, I'm not out to complain and whine for a patch, but just curious to see if anyone else has encountered this problem and might have found a cause or solution.

What happens is when I'm in town sometimes, I'll select a place to go, like the magic or armory shoppes, and the game will crash to my desktop. It happens sometimes when going into or leaving town, but never when I'm out adventuring.

I save a lot so I can always restore the game, but sometimes its a pain as I'm in town after a hard night of adventuring, selling off booty and getting level ups and training. Sometimes I have to redo 20 min of work in town.

Anyone else have this problem? Its the only place my game crashes. My system info is:

Win 98 SE
K6-2 500
128 Megs PC-133 Ram
TNT2 16 AGP Video Card
AWE 32 ISA Sound Blaster (dont laugh!).

I just built my PC from scratch and its works great everywhere else, but I notice some choppy sound with W&W and I think it may be the old ISA sound card, because I notice the sound glitches when it crashes. Might be time for an SB Live!

Any help would be appreciated, but please don't rant and rave about the game crashing, save that for the bar or your local mental institution.

Scronan

"Isn't it kilt yet?"
Old 10-11-2000, 03:10 PM   #3
Delmax

It appears you folks are forgetting something here...evertime you do something in town..the game saves your characters...
so..if the game crashes in town..just goto the inn and add them back into the party...you'll see..it remembers everything you did..
And this doesn't appear to hamper the game at all..
IN town 3..ya hear alot of stuff per quest..if all 6 folks do this..it can take 30 minutes to get done with just receiving the quests...My game crashed of course..after I did the warrior and priest guild.(Super long dialogue per quest)..
Luckily..I remembered that you can goto the inn and readd party members..

Hope this helps..don't fear the crash in town..fear them outside of town..2