Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 04-27-2002, 01:43 PM   #1
Van Richten
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey there BG fans

i am thinking about playing an elven archer.............what meelee weapon profencies woud you think wise to learn when it tends to get up close and personal???
Old 04-27-2002, 01:50 PM   #2
Wedin

Scimitar perhaps. Good for rangers. Or dagger, as they are quick
Old 04-27-2002, 01:53 PM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Maybe he could have profs like this:

**** Longbow
* Shortsword
* Single Weapon style

That atleast worked out fine for me.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 02:15 PM   #4
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

I found long bow and two handed sword work great although some actually prefer short bow.
Old 04-27-2002, 02:25 PM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

Putting all * in bow, then one handed style, then a long sword.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 04:28 PM   #6
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

I suppose you have chosen two handed weapon style to go along with the bow of your choice. If so, make use of your chosen familiararity with two handed weapons. When I played an Archer (man, are they powerfull), I picked Halberd to take advantage of all the great Halberds to be had (I hate not using powerfull things). Also choosing two handed sword to eventually use the Vorpal Blade. I also like using quarterstaff, there are many great staves in the game (also good against those clay golems that make your Archer useless). Sticking with a two handed weapon works from a roleplaying standpoint as well.
\"Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to Middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist haunting, dripping vain tears in the thankless sea?\"<br />Feanor at Tirion upon Tuna, Of the Flight of the Noldor, The Silmarillion
Telchar of Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 05:37 PM   #7
Iluvatar Oakenshield
Manshoon

He should probably have profs. in a two handed weapon because being an archer he will not carry a shield. So take advantage of that. Also plan as to what kind of weapons your other characters will have. If no one is going to use halberds for instance this would be great for your archer otherwise it would be a shame not using those great halberds that are in the game.

Have fun!

Iluvatar
"Wherever she dwells I will bid a farewell sigh For she dwells with beauty - beauty that must die And deep inside me I will wait for her return To her enchanting, awe-inspiring flame I'll yearn O lust and rueful thought be mine, My soul enhanced, desires... Melancholy. My heart is thine."

Schwadorf, Empyrium '97
Iluvatar Oakenshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 05:54 PM   #8
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

Spoiler

Like that really nice Dragon for soem reason it seems to come in handy [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2002, 06:49 PM   #9
Sir Mandorallen
Baaz Draconian

Personaly with all of my archers... it all goes to longbow. Everything. Eventually I do two handed weapons and then finaly the axe. (that was in Tob!!) Anyway NOTHING got close!!! My archer could peg them easily, and they wouldn't even get in for him to use a mele weapon. But if you really want to know... go with the axe. It worked for me, and you get a nice +5 in ToB. Also it seems no one uses axes... so your archer could instead of you just selling them.