Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2003, 11:09 AM   #41
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Bartman released an apology. He actually couldn't go to work yesterday for the reporters crowding his house and workplace. He said he was a long-time Cubs fan and was very sorry. He said he was just looking up to catch the ball, and would not have done it had he knew Moises was jumping up to catch it from below. He pleaded, "can't we all just get along?"

Look, that fan "caused" 2 runs. Well, there were 8 runs scored in that 8th inning -- the whole inning was something of an abberation, an anomaly in the space/time continuum. That game was lost by leaving Prior in to pitch too long. He did fine until that point in the game, and should have come out sooner. There were also a couple of short-stop errors that could have ended the inning at the 3-1 and 3-2 mark IIRC.

Then, last night the blame falls squarely on the pitching staff and the lack of hitting. Pitching just fell apart last night. Woods hit a 2-run homer (sad when the homer comes from the PITCHER) and was doing well, but started messing up at the plate and had to come out early. Relief pitching was no treat, and the Marlin's superior hitting took the game.

I was doing vodka shots with my wife at the 5-3 mark in celebration, and drowning my sorrows in Merlot by the 7th Inning.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:28 PM   #42
Seraph
Quintesson

From here

Quote:
And a lot of people want to compare your play with Jeffrey Maier's grab at Yankee Stadium in the 1996 ALCS. But it's not even close. No offense, but Maier became a hero for pulling a fly out into the bleachers for a Derek Jeter game-tying home run. You, Bart Man, are no Jeffrey Maier.

You're more like Gavrilo Princip, whom many blame for starting World War I by assassinating the Archduke Ferdinand. But just like World War I, we knew a Cubs collapse was inevitable.
I found this funny for some odd reason.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:29 AM   #43
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I'd like to thank coach Little from Boston, for keeping Pedro Martinez IN the game, while he was obviously getting tired. Thanks my man, you just wrote another chapter in the "cursed book".

Nessy, now YOU bring it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2003, 05:13 AM   #44
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Bah - I seem to be the kiss of death for any teams I support .......

so........

GO YANKEES!!!!!

(I'll just nip off to the bathroom and wash my mouth out with soap ).