Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2002, 05:07 PM   #1
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

ok, i live in a VERY liberal (unfortunately) state, so i am expecting mixed views and "everyone is equal" crap here, so go ahead and say your feelings about this thread, because i plan too.

this country has gone WAY too far in its human rights. YES we all have rights, and the little piece of paper out forefathers created and signed called the constitution ensures that. however i feel our country and its constitution are being raped by people who exploit it. here is an example:

did you know that tens of billions of dollars are spent EVERY year to keep murderers and the like in prisons, where they live better inside then they did outside? people go to prison, and dont care because alot of them get cable television, three hot meals a day, a place to sleep, books to read, letters from loved ones, hot water for showers, games to play, a yard to work out in, or shoot hoops etc. these people MURDERED and raped people, they should have none of this stuff. i dont want the money that i work hard to earn to go to some asshole who raped and murdered a whole family, including raping the young girls of said family. these "people" are animals, and should be killed, not living in a lap of luxory. if someone commits a crime i can understand something like a county run facility for a little while, but people who commit haneous (spelling)and violent acts like murder and rape just need to be put to death right away. not spend twenty years in prison with appeal after appeal after appeal, just to walk away later on, or be put to death after so long a time, only to die old anyway. my money should be spent on ME and MY family, or families who need help do to disasters and the like. i know about all of this, because i met a guy recently who said he was "reformed" after spending nearly twenty years in prison for killing his wife. he told me about all of the stuff that they did in prison, and it pissed me off to the point that i had to leave.

another example of the "human rights" issue.

our country has gone as far as to sacrifice its people security, for people who arent even citizens of this great country as of yet. people who come from foreign countried known to harbor terrorists and fleeing to become Americans and get away from their countries, cant even be asked simple questions that are VOLUNTARY to answer. this is because they (and MANY) others in this country, who just want their voice to be heard cry about human rights. well let me tell you, if you had family in the WTC, or in one of the hijacked planes, you would want the same stuff to happen. i see NOTHING wrong in questioning people about some things, if its possible they might know a little something helpfull. its not like they are detained, tied up, beaten, and interogated. hell, they are given coffee, and a lunch or snack, and just asked a couple of insignificant little questions. its because of liberal ass whiners like this, that allowed questionable people into our country in the first place, hence September 11. now i know that we cant keep ALL of the bad guys out, but i think that simple little measures could be taken to drastically reduce those people coming in, however people are too caught up in the rights of others to care about what happened or what could happen. there are actually people who appose us in afghanistan, solely on the purpose that we are at war. yet these same people burn down abortion clinics and preach about peach and not violence. people burn flags in our streets and get nothing but yelled at, because they can say "freedom of speach, and human rights" and yes, it has happened. well let me tell you, if i see it happen in my street, ill be going to one of those plush prisons, because they may be cool enough to protest our presence in a country and looking for bad guys, but they wont outrun a bullet!!

am i the only one who see's this as a mockery of our constitution? i know i have some harsh idea's but the reality is we live in a harsh world, and no amount of whining, bitching, and crying is going to change that. im sure that someone, maybe someone reading this would rather America get rid of all of its weapons and promote peace. well, the instant another country has more technilogical superiority, or manpower, or weaponry, they will be here, in America, bombing US!! there will NEVER be peace on earth, not while we are alive anyway. no matter how much we would like there to be, there just wont. countries like iraq, and afghanistan, and north korea, etc will ensure that. we didnt start this war, but we sure as hell will finish it. i didnt mean to get into a war discussion, it just happened, sorry.

anyway, thanx for wasteing your time on my ranting and raving, and i know feel alot better for having vented some of my frustration. please feel free to agree, or disagree, or criticize, or whatever. or just ignore it and move on. thanks all, and good day.

[img]graemlins/mage1.gif[/img]
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 01-10-2002, 05:44 AM   #2
Jan

I agree with you on everything. You got lot's of good points.

I keep it short as I might offend some people.

Old 01-10-2002, 06:59 AM   #3
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I also agree with you. It's as bad or worse down here in NZ where prisoners are not only given tv's, playstations, three square meals and a maximum life sentence of 15 years but they are also given a free education while inside! I am planning to do a teaching degree and without taking living costs into account it will cost me $15000nz over 3 years - is this fair?
Old 01-10-2002, 07:32 AM   #4
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
. countries like iraq, and afghanistan, and north korea, etc will ensure that.

I think I can help you here Morgan. The three countries that you have named have exactly the kind of society that you yearn for. They don't waste money locking people up they just execute them. Steal a loaf of bread - cut their bloody hands off. They won't do it again in a hurry! Commit adultery - cut their bloody heads off!

So, which one will you choose?

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: Donut ]

[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 01-10-2002, 08:36 AM   #5
Grojlach
Zartan

Well, I'm not a master debater so I will leave the real debating to others, but I disagree with practically *all* of your points. Just a mention that an execution using an electrical chair costs more money than a life long jail sentence. So what is it exactly that it is bothering you? Money can't be the issue, is it just that you don't think they are worth living? You want them to be shot like dogs? Excuse me, but like Donut said, how much will the U.S. be better than the countries they despise (Irak, North Korea, Afghanistan) if they do exactly the same things?
Your second point is just sad right-extremist paranoia, as if everyone entering the country of whom you even suspect to have an Arabian heritage is a potential criminal...
Actually, your rant only reminded me how happy I am that I live in one of the most liberal countries in the world, with hardly any right-extremist inhabitants... All that tolerance, no death penalties, all those rights, rather normal acceptance procedures of foreigners in our society, Big Brother only being a thing on TV you can zap away from... Probably a hell on Earth for you.

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: Grojlach ]

Old 01-13-2002, 12:09 PM   #6
Grojlach
Zartan

Hmm, did he realize his opinions were a little out of line and decided not to reply or something?
Old 01-13-2002, 12:49 PM   #7
Lifetime
Red Dragon

This is sounding eerily like American History X.
And I agree with Donut, because he basically said what I was thinking. We are horrified and appalled by Taliban atrocities commited to its own citizens, and yet we complain about how doing the opposite violates our own personal agenda. There are many moral and ethical issues regarding to harsher punishments to criminals, and I'm willing to bet its because America has been a role model, an icon for freedom and humanity for the entire world. If you wish to dictate how other nations govern and punish their criminals, first show how its done!
I agree that criminals should not be given the luxuries they are afforded on behalf of the state that keeps them, and that when it comes to jail time as a deterrant to crime rather than an easy way out, it should be harder, more basic, and a hell of a lot more like a punishment. Perhaps the reason why America has so many repeat-offenders is because jail time is more lucrative than a hard, tough life on the streets or a decent, honest living.
Prisoners should be taught how to re-enter society in a productive fashion, but they should also be instilled with a fear of going back. Theres a bible verse that says that he who has been stealing must steal no more, but work with his hands that he might have something to offer his neighbours. I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me the specific verse..
Old 01-13-2002, 03:16 PM   #8
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

i think criminals shouldbe punished by having the crime they committed being committed agains them by pros
like arapist could be locked in a confined space with a male horse in heat!
Old 01-13-2002, 03:28 PM   #9
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm not necessarily involving my own opinions here, but many people might say that the whole idea of capital punishment is flawed.
I agree that they shouldn't be treated like kings, but if you execute a murderer then you're committing the exact same wrong that they did, however much they deserve to die.
Yes, they killed someone without the right to, but that doesn't give us the right to, or we are just as much of a murderer as they were.
Other than that, I agree and you made many valid points.
Old 01-13-2002, 04:08 PM   #10
Durwyn
Elminster

Dont take any of this personally, but New York is an ugly state. Manhattan and Upsate regions would be the only places in New York where you can really enjoy yourself and everything around you. And I know I lived in New York now for 4 years. Unfortionately I did not get the pleasure to live upstate or in the city. All of the 5 boroughs are ugly places, perhaps Staten Island is quite well made and a nice place, but that is it.

So I come to a sence that I must agree with Morgan here a bit. Money that should be going to the boroughs so the mayor can actually fix them up, perhaps put some money into schools, colleges, and just streets. The streets are so ugly, the schools are so ugly, I mean just its DULL, it is dull, gray its very disgusting and I will tell you that from personal experience that yes, its true. And I bet New York is not only one state in America which has this problem, oh there are many more. I dont think the money should be going to all of those places like prisons, mental facilites which have convicts who are mentally ill who did murders that our minds would not even imagine, and yet the city where most immigrants, like myself, goto is left ugly, and without any care, nothing is getting fixed, no improvment. The mayor should be fixing up Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, and putting the money where most of the immigrants stay. Otherwise what impression do WE get of America? Personally I dont consider Brooklyn and areas around it America, its more like a big zoo ran by people of different backrounds, I mean how can anything be like America when you have delies, stores, entertaiment places ran by Russians, Pakistanians, and Spanish etc. Its not going to be like America, the essentuality of American living is kept in Towns, Town life, peacful life is the "real" America, and many agree. I have no choice because I enjoy living amongts people of my backround and working in cities because I can actually find a decent job there. Of course later perhaps in a couple of years I will move down to NJ or somewhere in the country side for a nice life. But still, the goverment spends way to much money on things it doesnt need.

I am Russian, and why dont we take a second and look at the Russian goverment. What do we have? We have ugly bastards stealing money from Russian Empire, robbing my country, a country of thousands years of graceful and glorious history, a beautiful country. Russia has everything, it has lots of American industry and much of European, which makes it a really a great place. The only thing it lacks is money. Slowly this is starting to happen to America, people are putting money where they KNOW they should not go, but yet they do it for only THEIR own good. Because they are selfish.

Now about terrorism, have you seen the movie Swordfish? Just shows you that really that little group of Johnny T was just to show the world what terrorism can really be, that if a country harvords terrorims they are fools, because terrorism is so terroristic hehe that when it happens its just unbelievable. In America, people are not used to Terrorism, people are really not used to a lot of things that bring horror, let be a little rough rain people in America will start screaming for help. America is build on talents of Jewish people, of Russians and Chinese and other ethnic people. America for christ sakes is only 300 years old if not even less. How can it be something so great? America is build on talents, and those fools who think that American History X was actually a movie to show something are idiots because that little gang of those stupid white protestants did not relize that without the Spanish, Russian, Chinese etc, America would be nothing.

And yes, expect it to HAPPEN! Russians, Spanish, much of Europeans will expose the Freedom of America, no offence but many Russians take Americas freedom and completely take advantage over it. Many immigrants exceed the limits of American freedom to unbelievable heights. And well, it will always happen.

Well I dont know where I'm going with this, but well just sharing whats on my mind.

Dont take any of this personally [img]smile.gif[/img] . I still love America and always will for what it is, it is a place that will give you home no matter who and where you're from. God bless this country, but it is by far, not the best heh...

Cheers!