Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-04-2001, 02:14 PM   #41
www.cffl.com

Ok i ave 2 ?s, do you have a 2or 3 story house? if not then they might be living n the walls and coming up trough a crack somewhere. Or the same thing if you have a 2 story housr they are going down stairs an through a crack and eating some how?

Jsut make sure u watch what you eat at all times!!

------------------

<font color=cyan>HADB Clan Rulz

Old 10-04-2001, 03:19 PM   #42
tracey
Manshoon

hey, though of sleek shiny ■■■■■! maybe it's my phobia then?

hmmmmmmmmmmm. intriguing.

------------------
offended mistress of the illuminati
Old 10-04-2001, 03:57 PM   #43
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I just read someones post who's from England (like me) saying theres no poisonous spiders in UK, well, I just HAD to freak someone out.
You know Cranefly's or Daddylonglegs as you might call them, they're actually one of the most poisonous spiders in the WORLD!!
Good thing they can't pierce human skin then, eh???

------------------
Resident cantankerous sorcerer of the Clan HADB
and Sorcerous Nuttella salesman of the O.R.T

Long live HADB!!!

'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'
Old 10-04-2001, 04:07 PM   #44
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
I'd've been about the raccoon, as well. I'd've felt guilty as anything for encouraging it close enough to the house for the neighbour to be able to take pot-shots at it. I don't know how people can DO things like that.

The neighbor shot it in his own yard, not in mine, because it was eating his cat food which he left outside for his cat, or so he claimed.

A stupid reason, to say the least. They are a retired couple who moved down from Michigan to warmer climes. We had always got along great until that incident.

The underlying mentality behind it ticks me off. We see a lot of it as people move from the cities into the country, and then act surprised when their new neighbors turn out to be wildlife. Wtf are the animals supposed to do? If people don't want to be "bothered" by wildlife, they should stay the hell in the city. Grrrrrr . . . .

Old 10-04-2001, 04:09 PM   #45
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Slugs and snails gross me out big time, especially those HUGE snails, ewww.... I like spiders and insects though(Except for the beetles and roaches.), We've got lots of thos long-legged spiders with tiny bodies in my house, they're pretty cool, they're hunting spiders, so they don't build many webs, I think the REALLY big ones are a bit disgusting though, there's a sort of insect which is kinda like these long-legged things but which have WINGS, they can't really fly, but the wings allow them to jump a long way, they can jump at you, I had one in my room once which was as big as a table-tennis ball if you included the legs, it used to circle my computer screen since it was bright, I whacked it with a dictionary though and it crept off to die somewhere, I wonder why insects like bathrooms so much, we've got a spider swarm in ours, and they have a habit of building webs in doorways so that whenever you leave or enter the house you bump into a web, and they ALWAYS build them at around head-height, it's so DAMN ANNOYING, cool to know your little ones are thriving SC .

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.

"If Silence is golden, why does everyone talk so much?"
Old 10-04-2001, 04:28 PM   #46
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
The underlying mentality behind it ticks me off. We see a lot of it as people move from the cities into the country, and then act surprised when their new neighbors turn out to be wildlife. Wtf are the animals supposed to do? If people don't want to be "bothered" by wildlife, they should stay the hell in the city. Grrrrrr . . . .
I SO agree with this! I read an article - in Reader's Digest, no less - wherein people were griping about all the deer. Hellooooooo, they were there FIRST! You (the developers, etc.) destroyed THEIR habitat, where else are they gonna go? YOU built roads between their beds and their water source, of COURSE they are going to cross the road! Try slowing down and being aware of your surroundings Nimrod! Sheesh! *okay, I'm done*

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-04-2001, 04:49 PM   #47
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
I SO agree with this! I read an article - in Reader's Digest, no less - wherein people were griping about all the deer. Hellooooooo, they were there FIRST! You (the developers, etc.) destroyed THEIR habitat, where else are they gonna go? YOU built roads between their beds and their water source, of COURSE they are going to cross the road! Try slowing down and being aware of your surroundings Nimrod! Sheesh! *okay, I'm done*

Yep, this is a big problem as our population continues to expand and development continues to encroach into rural areas. I am just amazed at the level of ignorance displayed by such people, at how they can claim to be surprised when they build a house in a previously undeveloped area that -- imagine -- turns out to have wildlife which dare to not recognize human property lines.
Old 10-04-2001, 05:23 PM   #48
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by tracey:
hey, though of sleek shiny ■■■■■! maybe it's my phobia then?

hmmmmmmmmmmm. intriguing.

What? Dont understand!! Help!! Not waving but drowning in sea of incomprehension and angst........

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Old 10-04-2001, 05:40 PM   #49
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

*Puts on flameproof silver suit*

OK...I have to post here. Just cant help it anymore.]

SLUGS?? SNAILS?? CUTE?????? ICK!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only way snails are 'cute' are on a bed of lettuce, cooked in lots and lots of garlic butter. Slugs go good with salt...MELT MELT...HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE

The non-poisonous spiders in my house and I have an agreement. If I cant see them, I dont kill them. Otherwise, its all bets off. The poisonous ones...well, lets just say I have a can of RAID, and I aint afraid to use it.

Dio...sucks about the racoon though. I agree with you about the morons that move out from the city and bitch about the wildlife. Plain stupidity. There was just a huge to do here about something along those lines. People have been moving up into the foothills above Boise, and they cant seem to understand why they have deer munching on their lawns and their houses are burning down in the recent spate of brushfires. And why are there brushfires?? Cuz they cut down all of the tree cover over the last few years to build their sub-divisions. Pinheads!

------------------
"In Memorium of those who are gone, and all those that bought our freedom with their hearts blood!"

"May the Colors of Liberty never run"

[This message has been edited by Nachtrafe (edited 10-04-2001).]
Old 10-04-2001, 07:48 PM   #50
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

You are a silly git, Nachtrafe. Why would we flame you???

But next time you go to bed, think of this:

The non-poisonous spiders are waiting until you fall asleep and then they come out on the ceiling and repel down to just an inch above your sleeping face and have a 'swinging' good time!!!!

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-04-2001).]