Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-02-2001, 07:11 PM   #41
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well thats sounds tempting, though I´m not that a big consumer of food, I eat whenI can remember or have time =)

Yes, I have wanted to go there for some time now, maybe this summer it will e real, hopefully!

------------------

::WOLFGIR::
Old 03-03-2001, 01:19 AM   #42
Draconia

Wolfie, MY BEAUTY!!! I just checked out your pictures. You are a very hansome guy. (looks around to make sure hubby isn't looking) So I guess we will be Beauty and the Beauty. Even tho I think beast fits me better. just kidding.
Old 03-03-2001, 01:37 AM   #43
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well this is my impassioned PLEA for you all to send childhood snapshots (baby, toddler, youngster) to Stealthy for his 'Spot the Member' area of the picture site. It will be FUN and he's done so much for us already. WE OWE it to him and ourselves!

Come on people, humor him. Humor me...Storm-Queen is feeling testy today!

I'm reduced to begging here people! JJ, Wolfgir, Tobbin, Gray Mage (ask mama, dear, or that brother of yours! ), Vicotnik, Hesperex, Sir Tainly, LadyZekke, Black Knight(come on Pooky, it won't hurt, honest!), Charlie, turbovee,Zenith, Accord,Draconia, Griever,ZIROC,Melusine, Moiraine, LadyRae, LadyAvalon,Gabriel/azuth, Moridin, .....look I'm tired and I have to get some sleep...you all know who you are if I didn't get to your names!!!!!! It's late and I don't have a roster at hand...sigh...And just because I didn't name you here, does not mean you are off the hook (hear that Memny?!)! SEND THOSE PICTURES!

------------------
Storm-Queen -aka The Purple Rose of the Black Knight

Old 03-03-2001, 02:05 AM   #44
Draconia

I would send a baby picture of me but I don't have anyway of scanning one. I hope to get a scanner soon. Hubby promised and he if he doesn't get me one, WELL ummm all of you guys should know what happens when we women don't get what we want. Espcially when it was promised. But as soon as I get one, I will scan it and send it in. But it might be easy to pick out because everyone says that my daughter looks just like me when I was a baby. I feel sorry for her.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-03-2001, 03:08 AM   #45
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'll have one up by next week. Can't have CloudScreamer wailing in the cradle all by herself

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Holy Flame
Old 03-03-2001, 03:47 AM   #46
JJ/newbie

feeling better now, the time travel or money poll i kinda did myself in on that one, needed an amanda hug to regain equilibrium, ok stormbaby, don't get your cumulous in a nimbus, i plan on springing for a scanner so i can upload the utterly embarrassing pics of my innocent youth
Request for help from you computer savvy types: can i get a scanner that will use one of the usb connectors so that i do not have to daisy my serial port for both scanner and printer, plugging and unplugging each one for each use is something i absotively refuse to do, and want to keep the cost of connecting all my system components to the least minimum. ty

------------------
When given a choice, take both.

Old 03-03-2001, 03:50 AM   #47
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Yes, there are scanners on the market that are USB enabled. Also, there are serial port adapters for USB ports too. You should be able to get this at a local computer store. If they don't have anything like that, you can normally find a store on the web. I did that with my printer. Got a parallel adapter for my USB port. Now I can print and scan at the same time. Both are on USB ports.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 03-03-2001, 11:51 AM   #48
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hello, I've borrow a digital camera but cant seem to get it to work. When I put the floppy in ( which says in big letters USB and TWAIN Drivers)and try to run it I keep getting a message that it cant find the drivers. I've been using some MAJOR profanity but it still doesnt work. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 03-03-2001, 01:50 PM   #49
Tobbin
Red Dragon

There should be a setup.exe file or an autorun file on the diskette that will install the drivers for you. If not, then you will have to find the driver manually (could be in a subdirectory nestled way down deep). If this doesn't work, you can try to do 1 of 2 things. 1. Return camera and tell the merchant that they can shove it up their ar*e. 2. Go onto the web and find the manufacturer's website. Normally, they keep drivers there (in case you lose the diskette and have to re-install at a later date). You should be able to run this archive and it will do 1 of 2 things. 1. It will install the driver for you. 2. It will extract the driver that you will need to use with Windows. I usually extract to the desktop so that I can see exactly what pops out. Then when you are prompted for the driver with Windows set up (in case it just extracts the driver) you can click on C: then Windows then desktop (situation may be a little different if you use some weird NT setup or something (like more than one user), so if that happens, just put it in C: Wherever you can find it easy. Good luck to you on your journey my friend, you will love it.

------------------

Death Waits 4 U ALL

[This message has been edited by Tobbin (edited 03-03-2001).]
Old 03-03-2001, 02:09 PM   #50
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Draconia, well beauty and the beauty sounds new =) LOl I don´t think you suit to be the beast as I saif before!

About Babypics, I wont send in any babypics and it is not becasue I´m vain, mean towards Stealthy or anything, I have drawn a line in my life, my years before I turned 18 is simple not htere for me, everything from that period is thrown, wasted or burned..

------------------

::WOLFGIR::