Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2001, 10:21 AM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

There is a Yuan-Ti Mage and a "splitter" troll in Nalia's Castle. Once you kill the "splitter", he divides into two smaller trolls in a puff of smoke?!?! The normal methods of troll killing don't seem to work?!?!?!?

Any Help will be greatly appreciated
Old 07-15-2001, 11:13 AM   #2
Tuor
Elminster

I've never had a problem with them/it before I usually hit it with lots of fire or acid based weapons and magic and they die as you want them to.

BUT In my experience sometimes when you get a troll down to near death status and you have a lot of very damaging attacks coming in he just won't drop no matter how hard you hit him.

I've found that the attack is too savage and quick to allow the AI to let the troll fall over and I am forced to stop the attack for a bit to let them fall over 'dead' so I can then hit them with fire/acid whatever to finish them off.

Apart from that I don't know.

Let me know how you get on
Old 07-15-2001, 11:31 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
There is a Yuan-Ti Mage and a "splitter" troll in Nalia's Castle. Once you kill the "splitter", he divides into two smaller trolls in a puff of smoke?!?! The normal methods of troll killing don't seem to work?!?!?!?
Any Help will be greatly appreciated
Don't fret over it.

I think it's part of the script since I've always encountered that particular Troll in Nalia's Keep.

Just hack and slash the Troll as per normal and when it splits, continue to hack and slash both the 'mini' Trolls.

Gentle reminder, you need either fire or acid to finish off a Troll.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.
Old 07-15-2001, 11:32 AM   #4
Robin, Thief of Hearts
The Magister

Hm.. why are you having this difficulty... there's nothing especial about that trollspawn except a high hit point total.

Try setting a trap line, and then retreating along it down the corridor. They'll follow you and get plastered. High level traps will set them on fire and do secondary damage, and can take them out if they go down.

If you have an assassin, you can poison them. They die from poison very well, and you won't need fire or acid. A bolt of biting or a dart of wounding(?) will also work to finish them off but you have to hit them when they're about to go down. If you poison and kill the parent, the offspring should emerge poisoned.
Old 07-15-2001, 01:42 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Thanks for the help. I finished the game about 6 months ago and didn't remember that particular troll, but a friend of mine just got to it, and he needed a boost.

The more I think about it, the more I believe his fire or acid arrows were missing after the trolls were down. That happened to me alot in the early chapters.

Anyway, I just got Throne of Bhaal, so I guess I'll be headed to that forum.

Thanks Again.