Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-20-2000, 12:57 AM   #1
Thieldrim

In quests, we pick up items that seem they should have a purpose, but i have not been able to figure out a good rule for when to drop them.

Was there a use for the Tome of Amantaur - i have finished chap 3 and not sure if i used it or not...

Also, some keys - i think they should disappear once they have been used, because it is sometimes unclear if they are needed or will be used again - even when their names seem to be explicit.

thoughts...

Old 12-20-2000, 01:04 PM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Damn straight. I wish once a key opened door it vanished. Best thing is to put all your odds and ends in a box in your stronghold as souveniers of your adventures. Then if you ever do need that letter.........you get the picture.
Old 12-20-2000, 01:08 PM   #3
Thieldrim

Actually, just found a post a while back that talked about this - sorry to reproduce - i have not found the bag of holding - is this someone's manufactured item, or is it found in BG2 - if so - if someone could just tell me what chapter it is found in.

thanks.

Old 12-20-2000, 03:08 PM   #4
Jon the Hell Caster

nope its in the Assulym in a room with a stone golem. Its my favorite item!

Old 12-20-2000, 06:01 PM   #5
Ronn

Yes the bag of holding is awesome and, truly, one of the most useful game items. I waited patiently to find it. I downloaded Shadowkeeper, but didn't use it. I thought it was a great tool, so I emailed it to two friends. Both cheated in the bag of holding immediately, but I waited to find it naturally. Chapter 4 in the Asylum is the location as mentioned above.

But the bag of holding isn't the answer. It will only hold a limited number of items(80 I think). And the bag counts each and every item. For example, if you put 40 arrows and 40 bullets in your regular inventory, each only takes up one spot, but in the bag of holding 40 items take up 40 spaces, so those 40 arrows and 40 bullets alone would completely fill the bag. This definately wasn't the answer for a bow/sling happy party's ammo needs...haha. And because every space counts you don't want to carry around keys, books, specialty items, etc...

A good rule of thumb to determine if an item is a specialty item is the price listed when you enter a shop. If it's 0 gold pieces, plan on storing it after you use it. This isn't always true, but it's a start.

If you don't have a keep yet, or you don't want to have to go that far to drop stuff off, then find a place you frequent in town(the Copper Coronet is a good example) with a chest or drawer, etc... Your items will be safe and your iventory will be managable.

I definately recommend using one location and one location only!!!! If you've dropped something off and you end up needing it later, you don't want to travel to every bar, inn, and house in the game to find it. One stop shopping rules...haha

MERRY CHRISTMAS