Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 12-29-2009, 05:35 AM   #1
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Falling on Floor Laughing Questions about gameplay

When going thru the "Jowan and Lily" quest, a couple of times I had Jowan and/or Lily die... but I survived the fight. They both sprang back to life after the fight ended. Was this because they were quest NPC's,,,or will this 'springing back to life' behaviour with party members happen thruout the game?

Also, when inside or in small places, I prefer to walk...instead of run everywhere. I have been unable to find the hotkey that toggles walk/run,,,is there one?

Never mind about the walk/run key, I found it! It's "numeric keypad /".

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.

Last edited by ElfBane; 12-29-2009 at 05:55 AM. Reason: content
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: Questions about gameplay

The springing up behavior is normal. Even you will do it if the party doesn't wipe. On my current rogue play through, I'm not going there though, as I want to get the achievements for going through the whole game without falling in combat. So, regardless of what happens, if PC dies, it's reload time.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

The penalty for death outside of the origin story is stat-gimping injuries that are fixed by injury kits.

Your teamates still pop-back-up at the end of battle and you'll see a red negative status box above their portrait which indicates how they are injured. You use an injury kit the same way you use a health poultice to make it go away.

If your whole party dies it's reload time!
Old 12-29-2009, 06:38 PM   #4
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm with Robert on the reload (or even redo) when dead issue even though this has been the cause of much profanity.

I hope this is not too much of a spoiler but the best armour in the game is arguably the Blood Dragon. Unfortunately, if your pc wears it then every archer, mage and boss sees it as a target and homes in. I have had an easier trek through as a mage because I have passed this armour on to a tank.

I have yet to make it through with a rogue. I know others will differ but I do not feel comfortable with the rogue build in DAO and it seems to me to be very weak in the early stages.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote