Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2003, 02:44 AM   #1
SecretMaster
Apophis

As stupid as this may sound, I think I may have "conquered" poison ivy. I've gotten a really bad case of it lately, and I've got a massive amount between my fingers. I've been sick of waiting it out, so about 10 min ago, I decided to rid of it once and for all.

First I took a paper clip, bent it so it was a long line. I used one side to slowly pierce the biggest blister thingys. I made sure I got all the oil out, washed my hands with burning hot water, and the paper clip. I did that to all of the biggest blisters. Then, I went downstairs, and put a Sh*tload of salt on it, and let it stay there for about 1 min. It was burning like hell, seriously. Then, I washed my hands again with hot water, went up stairs and washed my hands with hop soapy water, and the paper clip. Then I applied some Iverest (some cream to help stop the itching and it supposedly slowly kills it). Now I will just wait and see if it is better by tommorow. If it is, I'll do that onto the other major parts where the case is really bad, I.E. my arms and my feet.

Right now its really shriveled, so I think its a good sign...
Old 07-05-2003, 06:22 AM   #2
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

erm....very discriptive [img]graemlins/2puke.gif[/img]

tell us if it works.
Old 07-05-2003, 02:16 PM   #3
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

That will not work. What does work are corticosteroids, injections or pills; or, time, waiting for it to go away.
Old 07-05-2003, 02:19 PM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

Ah nothing like home surgery. I once got out some glass out of my finger with a needle and a scalpel. Anaesthesia...bah who needs it.
Old 07-05-2003, 03:53 PM   #5
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
Ah nothing like home surgery. I once got out some glass out of my finger with a needle and a scalpel. Anaesthesia...bah who needs it.
well...i once jabbed myself with a knife....okay so there was no reason too....i'm just weird....
Old 07-05-2003, 04:03 PM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

I once tok a bullet out of my head with a miniature trumpet and a tootpick.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:06 PM   #7
SecretMaster
Apophis

YES!!! It has succesfully worked. Though the process is extremely painful, I can finally rid myself of that blasted irritiation. Home surgery, gotta love it.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:20 PM   #8
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

You wanna watch yourself, Secretmaster - what you're doing is an open invitation for infection. Those blisters are there to cover the damaged skin underneath which isn't ready to defend itself against bacteria - like those found on the end of a straightened-out paperclip. I'd seek more conventional methods of treating this if I were you, but hey, if this works and you're happy, who am I? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2003, 06:39 PM   #9
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
You wanna watch yourself, Secretmaster - what you're doing is an open invitation for infection. Those blisters are there to cover the damaged skin underneath which isn't ready to defend itself against bacteria - like those found on the end of a straightened-out paperclip. I'd seek more conventional methods of treating this if I were you, but hey, if this works and you're happy, who am I? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I do realize that this is plainly spelling out infection, but thats why I emphasized the use of hot water and soap as the last step. I when i say use it, I mean use it. Then you also have to take into consideration that after I did that, I showered right afterwards.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:41 PM   #10
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I agree that this is dangerous, you really shoulod have found something a little less likely to hold bacteria, like a sewing needle or something, and heated it up with fire till it was glowing bright red, then used it to sear of the infection