Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2002, 04:54 AM   #31
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

I think his father has a lot to do with his problems. Where is James Hewitt these days anyway? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2002, 11:46 AM   #32
Smeagol
Elite Waterdeep Guard

LOL, Lansera, I don't think that the Brititsh are taking it too seriously. To be quite honest I don't know anyone who really cares that much. I can forgive you for getting some of the facts wrong as we were studying some American papers in my politics class the other day and one of the headlines was. "British public outraged!: Prince Harry drug user and boozer!" The headline should have been "British public don't seem to care!: Prince Harry has once tried a splif and has had a couple of beers" but it hardly urges you to buy the paper.
\"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It\'s what you do when you run for President. You\'ve got to preserve.\"<p>President George W. Bush speaking during Perserverance month.<p>\"I see this glass not half empty, but half full... and more\"<p>President George Bush Sr.
Old 01-15-2002, 03:57 PM   #33
Lavindathar
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Thoran:
If you Brits are all such angels the I've got one question...

where the heck does Punk Rock come from? Are those guy imported (maybe from Holland [img]smile.gif[/img] ) to give the London underground scene that "Edgyness" that the world knows and loves? If so then how come they're the ONLY singers in the whole country that actually SOUND British while their singing. (instead of like they're from somewhere in Ohio)

Honestly I think you guys are really hard on your Royals... but as long as they keep taking your money they're defacto saying "we can live with the abuse".

Where I grew up (Western New York), a little weed was nothing to get you panties in a bunch about... way over half the kids in my class were known to partake.

And regarding Alcohol not being natural... I'd have to disagree. There's evidence that fermented beverages were one of the first things human beings learned how to make... and that the Invention of Bread was a BYPRODUCT of brewing. Not to mention that it's just about as natural a process as you can get... ever heard of Lambic beers? Take a concoction with sugar in it, leave it exposed to mother nature in an attic somewhere, come back after a while and tadaaa... beer! Not just beer but beer that some people in the US will pay $20.00 a PINT for (or more).

First point, outside this quote: Morgeruat, if you waited til your 21, more fool you.

And regarding the quote, no1 said us British were goody goodys. Who said that?
And PUNK ROCK did come from England....yup, we did start the greatest music going. The yanks do it better now, but we still started it. And Thoran, do you know the definition of NATURAL? It means man has had nothing to do with it. That the planet did it all by itself. So alchohol, even if it was the first thing man made, it WASNT natural. Ok?
Old 01-15-2002, 04:00 PM   #34
Lavindathar
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

Just to put you right - the original news has turned out to be something of an exageration. Charles took Harry to a rehab clinic one afternoon to show him how he could end up if he kept taking drugs. It is this action that people are applauding.

I posted this fact on my first post:

I wrote:

No action has been taken, except he was givin a guided tour around the clinic, for shock value.

And yes, I do want a medal for being correct.
Old 01-15-2002, 04:06 PM   #35
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
Firstly, to Morgeruat: Well, I can happily say I've been drinking since my very first year of age ending with -teen.

and to Thoran: Hey, we ain't such angels, or at least no one I know is.

I was just saying it's not something EVERYONE does, altho I am one of a VERY small minority.
Old 01-15-2002, 04:15 PM   #36
Smeagol
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Lavindathar, the medal is in the post.
\"This is Preservation Month. I appreciate preservation. It\'s what you do when you run for President. You\'ve got to preserve.\"<p>President George W. Bush speaking during Perserverance month.<p>\"I see this glass not half empty, but half full... and more\"<p>President George Bush Sr.
Old 01-15-2002, 04:59 PM   #37
Thoran
Galvatron

Natural to me means there's no manufacturing processes or fabricated (non-naturally occuring) materials involved.

But in any event... even given your strict definition the production of alcohol is a totally natural phenomina. Just take a material that contains sugar, place it in an environment where certain yeasts have access to it (pretty much anywhere since these are airborne beasties), and leave it there for a while and you WILL get alcohol... with no human intervention.

As I was saying with apples... Cows eat apples and it ferments in their stomach's... making ALCOHOL... with ABSOLUTELY NO human intervetion WHATSOEVER.

Is it magic?

Is it a miracle?

NOPE... it's NATURE!

To make a tasty alcoholic beverage requires little more than a barrel and some basic ingredients you could find in a properly outfitted garden... and time of course.

As someone who makes wine on occassion I can personally attest that you need no chemicals or preservatives... no advanced technology or scientific breakthroughs... heck you don't even need electricity or heat. Just a big old barrel, grape juice and a bit of yeast (which can be cultivated but is much easier to buy). How is that not natural? Mighty tasty when it works out properly too.