Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2001, 10:45 AM   #141
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

It's okay right now, getting worse though. Hm... do you by any chance have a recipe for fruit smoothies? I know what they are and I LOVE them, but they don't sell them here . I'm not supposed to eat/drink too hot or too cold things either, anyway...

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 10:45 AM   #142
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
OK, I'm back. Like I said, whenever I sit down and relax, the pain almost goes away, but whenever I start posting it comes back. Why?
I'm no doctor, but I think it has something to do with blood pressure. Maybe when you sit in your comfy chair, the pressure of trying to get blood to your head decreases because you aren't sitting completely upright. When you sit up to type, your body has to push against gravity more to get the blood up there. (???) I know if I have a headache (migraine), it hurts MUCH more if I'm sitting up than when I'm lying down.
Old 10-24-2001, 10:51 AM   #143
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
It's okay right now, getting worse though. Hm... do you by any chance have a recipe for fruit smoothies? I know what they are and I LOVE them, but they don't sell them here . I'm not supposed to eat/drink too hot or too cold things either, anyway...
I think the too hot or too cold may have to do more with what you can stand. Plus hot things might encourage bleeding. However, the cold should be okay IF you can stand it. They tell you that with extreme temperatures just like when you get a new filling: the area will be more sensitive. Not for a 'medical' reason. If you can stand the cold, have the cold.

For fruit smoothies, as far as I've ever made, I just put in fruits that I like and have a taste for at the time and puree them in the blender. Then I add enough ice to thin it out(without watering down the flavor) to a consistency I can sip. This way - no pulpy textures, no FREEZING cold - just right. One of my favorite combos would be strawberry, raspberry and banana. More strawberry than anything.

But anytime you eat something (or drink a smoothie or sip some broth), make sure to carefully and gently rinse your mouth out afterwards - just to make sure you don't have anything left in your mouth that might settle in to the extraction.

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-24-2001).]
Old 10-24-2001, 10:52 AM   #144
Elif Godson
Dracolich

gotta go for now. Dm you are right about the pressure thing.
Kaz I hope you get some healing rest soon.
Bye All

------------------
The Ruby Rouge of the ALSB
Official Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Kitchen
Blessed is the Warlock
Advisor to the Lady Lioness for Kitchen raid's and such...
Old 10-24-2001, 10:53 AM   #145
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

See ya, Elif!
Old 10-24-2001, 10:53 AM   #146
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
I'm no doctor, but I think it has something to do with blood pressure. Maybe when you sit in your comfy chair, the pressure of trying to get blood to your head decreases because you aren't sitting completely upright. When you sit up to type, your body has to push against gravity more to get the blood up there. (???) I know if I have a headache (migraine), it hurts MUCH more if I'm sitting up than when I'm lying down.
Not meaning to throw the thread off topic, but...holy crap!! You get migraines too? I'm seeing a doctor for mine. Mine start at approx 4:30 AM behind my left ear. My blood pressure medicine helps out a little though.

The similarities are just plain frightening. Ever see "The Corsican brothers"?
I'm going to start slapping myself now. Let me know if you feel it.

------------------
"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
-Robert McCloskey

• Token lackwit of HADB
  • Sycophant to the Wolf of Azure Hue
  • Long lost brother of DragonMage
  • Bearer of a work of art created by Sazerac
  • Jeg burde blive gennembanket for min flatulens.[/list]
Old 10-24-2001, 10:53 AM   #147
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Not allowed to lie down completely though... too bad, although there must be a good reason. Thank you for the explanation I suppose I'll be wandering between chair and computer for the next few days.

------------------

Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Lux omnis est
Old 10-24-2001, 11:04 AM   #148
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:
Not meaning to throw the thread off topic, but...holy crap!! You get migraines too? I'm seeing a doctor for mine. Mine start at approx 4:30 AM behind my left ear. My blood pressure medicine helps out a little though.

The similarities are just plain frightening. Ever see "The Corsican brothers"?
I'm going to start slapping myself now. Let me know if you feel it.
First, let me clarify for you: if there is ANYwhere to get 'off topic', it's Cloudy's. This place has no 'topic'. It's a 'free-for-all' conversation place.

Second - yes, another way in which we are apparently 'connected'. Frightening isn't it? I don't get them as frequently since having my wisdom teeth removed, but I DO still get them in early morning/late evening sun - you know, when it hits you right in the eyes? Then, I drug up and go to bed and cry myself to sleep while smothering myself with pillows to keep out any light.

Oh! And: *ouch!*, yes I felt that! So here's one for you: *smack!*

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-24-2001, 11:08 AM   #149
Kaz

DM! Don't make me laugh! Don't make me laugh! Too *ouch* late *ouch* LOL *ouch ouch ouch*

------------------

Saint of the SoS
Historian of IW
Lux omnis est
Old 10-24-2001, 11:11 AM   #150
Kaz

Hey, LOOK. The Hathor avatar's disappeared.